SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question for those of you that have taken apart a 20V motor. Does it have a full counterweighted crank and a girdle like an older pre roller DE? Or is it half counterweighted and no girdle like an early VE or roller DE.

Mike

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
I got a question for those of you that have taken apart a 20V motor. Does it have a full counterweighted crank and a girdle like an older pre roller DE? Or is it half counterweighted and no girdle like an early VE or roller DE.

Mike
I think I am the only one with a 20V motor so far. Mine has 2,000 Km on it. I am not sure what it is but the pully on it is diffrent from the older SR20VE motors. I was told that it is 8 counterweight. If you want I will pull of the black oil pan and check this weekend.

As far as the cranks go Nissan stoppd doing 4 counterweight cranks on the SR16VE motors. When they went to the N16 body they went 8 counterwight in th SR16VE motors. All the SR16VE motors that came with the cable box had 4 counterweight motors and all the Sr16VE motrs that came with hydralic gear boxes had 8 counterweight cranks.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andreas Miko said:
I think I am the only one with a 20V motor so far. Mine has 2,000 Km on it. I am not sure what it is but the pully on it is diffrent from the older SR20VE motors. I was told that it is 8 counterweight. If you want I will pull of the black oil pan and check this weekend.

As far as the cranks go Nissan stoppd doing 4 counterweight cranks on the SR16VE motors. When they went to the N16 body they went 8 counterwight in th SR16VE motors. All the SR16VE motors that came with the cable box had 4 counterweight motors and all the Sr16VE motrs that came with hydralic gear boxes had 8 counterweight cranks.
If you could find out for sure on the crank and girdle thing it would bew most helpful for my book, I need to anticipate these egines becoming more common.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts