SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 215/45ZR16 Falken Azenis on 16x7 rims fit on a B14? The rims are Rota Slipstreams with a 40 offset.I also have Agx struts with prokits springs all around. Will they rub against the struts or/and fender? I would like to use the Falken Azenis for street and Auto-X if they will fit.

I have Kumho 205/45/16 712 that are pretty worn down. The 712 performed well when they were brand new for Auto X and street use. The performance seemed to drop off during the second year of auto X. Is there another tire in the same price range as the 712 that the performance will remain more consistent over a year or 2 of use?

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
yuadman said:
Will 215/45ZR16 Falken Azenis on 16x7 rims fit on a B14?
I've had 215/45's on my 16's in my sig. Should be just fine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WickedSR20 said:
I've had 215/45's on my 16's in my sig. Should be just fine.

What kind of struts did you use with those 215/45/16, what tire brand and rim offset? I have read that the falken Azenis are wider than most same size tires.

Yuadman

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
yuadman said:
What kind of struts did you use with those 215/45/16, what tire brand and rim offset? I have read that the falken Azenis are wider than most same size tires.
I'm running the GAB struts and SSR Integral A2 forged rims. Not too sure about offset, but they're tucked in the wheel well pretty good. When I had the 215/45's on my 16's, I never experienced any rubbing or other related problems.
I actually think I've got sufficient room to try 225/45's, but never gave it a try.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WickedSR20 said:
I'm running the GAB struts and SSR Integral A2 forged rims. Not too sure about offset, but they're tucked in the wheel well pretty good. When I had the 215/45's on my 16's, I never experienced any rubbing or other related problems.
I actually think I've got sufficient room to try 225/45's, but never gave it a try.

Thanks for the info WickedSR20,

One more question. Do you remember what tire brand you used?

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
yuadman said:
Thanks for the info WickedSR20,

One more question. Do you remember what tire brand you used?
When I had them, they were 215/45 Yokohama A038's if I remember correctly.
Can't remember the number of the tire, but they were the front OEM tires off the 96-97ish Acura NSX. They rode pretty damn good before I got a deal I couldn't refuse. I stole the idea from another forum member who ran the same tires on the same rims with good results. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts