SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever tried running 225 width rubber on an NX? I'm thinking of going 225/50/14 for autox next year, but I'm not sure if it will fit on the NX. Anybody have any info? TIA...

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Won't fit under the fender. I think 215 *might* fit but it would be a very tight squeeze. If it's an autox only car in DSP then put some fatty flared fenders on run 235-45-13 hoosiers lol

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
hmm...tirerack shows 2 hoosier tires in 225-50-14 that SUPPOSEDLY fit the nx. but i would call to make sure.they may not fit, just tryin to help out. www.tirerack.com

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info so far guys...i'll check the Tirerack site and find out what I can.

------------------
92 NX2000
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I believe Matt Niaura was able to shoehorn some 225/50-14 tires on his NX when he autoxed it in CSP a few years ago. IIRC, he was running some 14x7" TSW Stealth wheels. Might be a good idea to drop him an e-mail and ask him, or check the SE-R list archives if he made any mention of it.

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:
I believe Matt Niaura was able to shoehorn some 225/50-14 tires on his NX when he autoxed it in CSP a few years ago. IIRC, he was running some 14x7" TSW Stealth wheels. Might be a good idea to drop him an e-mail and ask him, or check the SE-R list archives if he made any mention of it.

--Andrew Phan
</font>
Thanks for the info!

------------------
92 NX2000
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
autox only car in DSP then put some fatty flared fenders on run 235-45-13 hoosiers </font>

Too bad 13's won't clear our brakes!!! For comparison I run a 215/40-16 on the street and 195 or 205/55-14 for track or auto-x

Blair
76 DSP

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot about the big brakes

Do you autocross your NX in DSP Blair? Is "76" your car number or production year?

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

[This message has been edited by Scarpa (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
Registered
104 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:

--Andrew Phan
</font>
That is correct, here's a picture of the car with that set-up:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Show/6894/nxx.jpg

To accomadate the tires the fenders were rolled (they probably didn't need to be).
The rears needed a small spacer to keep the tire off of the strut. Some of the side molding trim needed to be trimmed as well because it would rub. The fronts fit no problem but you can't turn lock to lock because the tires hit the inner fender liner. The rears would also just slightly hit the strut under high speed roadcourse stuff. Evidenced by a small chirp and some marks on the strut. It wasn't a safety concern though. Sorry I forgot the offset of the wheels. I also think that there are some 13" wheels that will clear our brakes. I think some 13x7 revolutions or Panasports would fit. I test fitted some from a friends GT4 Rabbit and I'm possitive they fit. They ain't cheap though and I'd be concered about frying wheelbearings on a roadcourse.

Matt

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
I was going to attempt some 225/40/16's..... I heard about a few guys doing it on classics but never an NX... I know im going to have to work the rear quarter to get them to fit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts