SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K you search NAZI's I searched and searched and came up with nothing.
Last night I drove my car and it was fine.(98 200 se-r) I go to start it today and it acts like its going to start and nothing, just turns over with very little fire so I pull the plugs one by one to check for fire and 1 and 2 only seem to be firing and the spark looks pretty damn strong to me. I then checked at the dis. cap to see if power was going to the wires to eliminate the chance of faulty wires and nothing. I just replaced cap and rotor button about 2 months ago. So have any of you had this problem or have any suggestions cuz I'm stumped now. Could it be in the dist. itself,internal coil auuugghhhh,,Its Sunday night and I have to be at work in the morning........ Oh well I still love my SR20!!!

Thanks in advance,
Doug

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
possible injector failure? i remember when one of my injectors failed fetl really sluggish....sounded almost like i pulled a plug wire after itw as running....chug-chug-chug....

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not yet,,will check it out when I get off work. I have found a dist. at a local used parts dealer for 100 buck. thats way better than 350.

Crank position sensor would have to be the only thing wrong I am thinking,,what else tells it to fire at a certain time.

I called alot of people and they all have said CPS.

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
nismo200se-r said:
Well I have no cat. and am using a 94 g20 ecu so I see that damn light everyday. Does anyone know how the internals of the dist. work. Does the sensor read 1&2 together and 3&4? Why would it only read or send spark to 1&2?
is the g20 ecu obd2? i though 96 and up was, anyways i'd start by getting your factory ecu BACK in and go from there.
good luck.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Creagach said:
is the g20 ecu obd2? i though 96 and up was, anyways i'd start by getting your factory ecu BACK in and go from there.
good luck.

94 and up are obd2, I'm running a 94.

Well car is running again but I don't want to say what it was,,,I suck!

You know the center electrod in the middle of the dist. cap. Well that thing somehow got stuck pushed all the way in and was only making partial contact. I just replaced it like a month ago. I put the old one on and zzrrooommmmm.

Thanks for all the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts