SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of my det planning, and I need to budget for exhaust. And over all make up my mind! I am getting my DET from Chris at SR20 Developement and he is also sending along with it a 2.5 inch mandrel turbo to cat pipe. So, I am going to have 2.5 inch mandrel into a test pipe that will be whatever size I go from there back. Of those of you who have boost.. what sort of exhaust are you running? Was thinking 3 inch crush from cat back through a long as I can fit 3 inch glasspack through a dynomax 3 inch in/out muffler in near stock location. Any input is apprecaited

------------------
David Lau <[email protected]>
Stop Fast, corner better B13 SER in Vancouver, WA

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
3" mandrel is the best. Shoot for 3" all the way back if you can. If you can get stuff cheap like I was lucky, 2.5" would be ok for the street, and just drop the exhaust at the track.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Im running a 2.5 (mandrel) all they way and it seems ok.... but I would still go for the 3" mandrel. If you have to go crush-bend then Definately o w/ 3"....

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Heyaz, does Chris have these downpipes in stock? I was waiting for the DET install kit from Hotshot but there's no telling when that will get done... and I need a downpipe in a bit over a month... that and a FMIC. Wonder if Chris has those too....

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spdracerUT:
Heyaz, does Chris have these downpipes in stock? I was waiting for the DET install kit from Hotshot but there's no telling when that will get done... and I need a downpipe in a bit over a month... that and a FMIC. Wonder if Chris has those too....

</font>
I do believe he has the downpipe in stock. They can fab up a FMIC kit quickly if ya want one I believe, and he said they are working on a kit to move the BB det TMIC to make it a FMIC with full mandrel IC piping and all connectors, etc. That is where I will go when I want to upgrade the IC.. but that will be a while still.

------------------
David Lau <[email protected]>
Stop Fast, corner better B13 SER in Vancouver, WA

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
If anybody wants piping (mandrel) to put the DET IC in the front and Down pipes I have all the stuff done. I was gonna make it available to other people but just figured not many people would care for it.... Email me if you want pics or the piping. I think Eric (NoVTECSER) has pics...he saw the first fitment of piping at Meridian.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"

·
Registered
194 Posts
Definitely interested in a downpipe. Had to put the turbo project on hold for like a year but hopefully will have a DET in there by Dec. (fingers crossed)

Mel

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Im hunting gor them.... my firend took the pics with his camera so they are on his PC. I should have them by tommarrow and will either post a link or email the all out (might do both)...

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts