SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dyno again today. 320whp @7500 and 270tq at 5700 at 15psi. [email protected] at 17.5psi with horrible missfires after 6700rpm as you can see. I bet i woulda gotten 350whp ish if she wouldn't have been miss'n..

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Those numbers seem a bit low for a GTi-R motor with those mods. What are the specs on the turbo and what engine managment are you running?

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
2,558 Posts
Remember he has lower compression, 8.3.1 probably why the numbers look low to you!

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
My car has just about the same compression (8.5:1 BB DET), no ITB's, and stock cams, yet still managed 314whp at only 15psi. Its strange that the power drops off like it does in his graph. With the straight T4 that he has, along with the cams it should be making power to redline.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NoClassic said:
My car has just about the same compression (8.5:1 BB DET), no ITB's, and stock cams, yet still managed 314whp at only 15psi. Its strange that the power drops off like it does in his graph. With the straight T4 that he has, along with the cams it should be making power to redline.
Its not a straight T4, T3/T4.... You got dyno sheets? I'd like to compare.... I haven't found anyone else running over 300whp at only 15psi... just curious...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cool due!!

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
2,558 Posts
NoClassic what kind of setup do you have, also I believe [email protected])TurboFreak has a point I rarely see over 300whp at 15psi on a T3/T4. I have almost the same setup except I have tomei cams and I am probably going to get a precision SC61 or a GT30R turbo.

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
2,558 Posts
My theory about the itb is that it just allows you better throttle response and quicker acceleration, I don think there is extra hp to get from them like that.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
I dont have the 314whp dyno sheet scanned right now, but ill try to get it online next time I am back home. Here is a very basic rundown of what is on the car, if you want to know the rest let me know.

-revhard manifold
-Tial 35mm
-Garrett T3/T04E (57 trim, .60 A/R / Stage III turbine, .63 A/R)
-2.5" to 3" DP
-Daves asspipes 3" exhaust with test pipe

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Looks good....nice numbers. I really like that G20...sexy. Looks great with the FMIC.

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
that turbo looks pretty laggy...ever consider something like the GT30R or SC61 like someone mentioned?

·
meh
867 Posts
just to compare, i threw the b13 (8.5:1 DE/T) on the dyno for a baseline run to see how much power it was making on the basemap. the basemap is really conservative, 10:1 AF's and total advance of 14deg, 14psi on a T3/T67. peak #'s were 303whp/260ish trq @6200rpm. didnt really spin it any higher.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
javierb14 said:
just to compare, i threw the b13 (8.5:1 DE/T) on the dyno for a baseline run to see how much power it was making on the basemap. the basemap is really conservative, 10:1 AF's and total advance of 14deg, 14psi on a T3/T67. peak #'s were 303whp/260ish trq @6200rpm. didnt really spin it any higher.
so i'm not doing to bad then... the 60-1 doesn't flow enough air below 5,000 to make much boost. if you compare my dyno sheets with the .82 vs the.63 housings the only reall difference with this wheel is initial spool up and top end power. i'm actually thinking of getting a GT35R possibly. First i'm getting a JWT or Enthalpy ECU upgrade. the SAFC-2, Z32 MAF and 72 lbers really aren't making my GTiR ecu happy. its freaking out and retarding the timing up top after 6500rpm doesn't matter if its 8psi or 18psi.

I video taped the dyno session. will be making a link on G20.Net here soon so you all can see...

·
Registered
103 Posts
SR20Turbofreak said:
Went to the dyno again today. 320whp @7500 and 270tq at 5700 at 15psi. [email protected] at 17.5psi with horrible missfires after 6700rpm as you can see. I bet i woulda gotten 350whp ish if she wouldn't have been miss'n..
since you have some experience with the gtir swap, i have gtir in a b13, t28 3" turbo back no cat to hks, turbo xs mbc, with a 6puck what do you think i can put down? everything is off the gtir- ecu, maf, 444cc inj walbro 255 and nismo fpr. put it this way i had bought the front clip. any tips would be nice

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alfredoR said:
since you have some experience with the gtir swap, i have gtir in a b13, t28 3" turbo back no cat to hks, turbo xs mbc, with a 6puck what do you think i can put down? everything is off the gtir- ecu, maf, 444cc inj walbro 255 and nismo fpr. put it this way i had bought the front clip. any tips would be nice
with my tial w/g my lowest boost setting is 9psi. i tried dynoing at that level and I was trying to sort out my missfire problem from the start. I don't have any good dyno runs at that level but next time, when i get her running great I'll start with the lowest setting and crank her up..

AS far as the GTiR swap... I think I've seen a few guys with a completely stock GTIR setup hit 235 WHP at11psi and 280whp at 15-16psi. I don't know where i heard or saw that. I never made it to the dyno with the T28. I regret not going though...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts