SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Did you lubricate them before installation, because you need to, otherwise they can easily get damaged.

Also, did you remember to use the 1/4" black spacers that go between the fuel rail and the intake manifold?

C

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
If your running a W10 DET motor with a stock DE computer and MAF, that is why your spark plugs are always soaked with fuel. Injectors are probably not leaking...

·
Registered
420 Posts
injectors or not leaking b/c if so you would probably be hydrolocking the engine. so, from experience, it's the stock ser ecu that dumping too much feul into the engine.

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
Yes, the stock DE computer is injecting too much fuel when the engine is off boost. Simple as that.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
if you are using a DE ECU, thats the problem. If the o-rings are leaking, put petroleum jelly (vasoline) on them.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
injectors or not leaking b/c if so you would probably be hydrolocking the engine. so, from experience, it's the stock ser ecu that dumping too much feul into the engine.
Damn, I missed the fact that he's using a stock DE ECU. So yes, that's your problem.

However, a damaged injector o-ring doesn't automatically equal a hydrolocked engine. If the o-ring is really fubared, it'll let enough fuel past it to hydrolock the cylinder, but you can also nick, or squash one just a bit and the car will run, but that cylinder will be rich as hell, and possibly not even fire.

C

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
yup...and a bigger maf...

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
so i need to get a super afc or a jim wolf computer
no, you need to get a JWT of Calum ECU. Not an AFC. An AFC can be used to tune on top of the JWT ECU, but its not great on its own.

The calum ECU can be reprogrammed for any set up in real time. It also costs $350 compared to $600 for a JWT that can not be reprogrammed unless you send it to JWT for $100.

The calum ECU the the obvious choice. If you can find a used JWT for a good price, that will be a good plug and play setup.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
yup...and a bigger maf...
Not necessarily true.
I have an Avenir turbo kit and i'm running the stock MAF with no probs....

When i spoke to Miko about that he said as long as the ECU is tuned to run that specific MAF it would be ok , you just can't mix MAF's with that specific ECU program ( i.e , Cobra MAF with GTi-R MAF program etc . )

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Not necessarily true.
I have an Avenir turbo kit and i'm running the stock MAF with no probs....

When i spoke to Miko about that he said as long as the ECU is tuned to run that specific MAF it would be ok , you just can't mix MAF's with that specific ECU program ( i.e , Cobra MAF with GTi-R MAF program etc . )
This is true, but why not get a bigger maf? Atleast an N60.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts