SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Letting 3/4 mounts cure/dry right now. Will let ya'll know how they feel once they cure.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. Jay Stewart suggests 12 hours at room temp. I need to get the car back together tonight so I've got them on low heat in the oven right now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Does it matter whether it's the "primerless" windo-weld? I bought a tube of it to use for my Motor mounts, but my tube does not say "primerless" like the bottle in your picture, it just says "3M Windo-Weld Super Fast Urethane". I haven't done mine yet, will the stuff I bought work OK?

------------------

Josh Brockman
'91 Classic, Vail White - K&N drop-in, 195/55-14 SP8Ks, some stereo crap, otherwise stock though, 130k

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I think I already prefer the McMaster-Carr pourable less viscous stuff over this stuff already. this stuff is "messier" since it's more solid to start with and takes more finesse to get mounts that are flat on either sides. I've got goo sticking out everywhere and it looks VERY messy. I will see how these do, but at least as far as ease of installation goes, I say the pourable bucket of goo is much easier to fill the mounts properly than this stuff is.

Maybe I should get a homemade aluminum melting kit and pour in solid aluminum like we did in middle school shop class.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I've got goo sticking out everywhere and it looks VERY messy.</font>
When it is cured, just grind or trim off the parts you dont want.

I think I am going to take my homemade rear mount, which has developed a gap between the actual mount and the homemade reinforcement, and add this windoweld stuff to fill in the gap.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Maybe I should get a homemade aluminum melting kit and pour in solid aluminum like we did in middle school shop class</font>
If you could develop a mold, I would buy metal inserts!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wendy is taking the NX to get aligned at 10AM this morning so I haven't checked out the mounts yet.

If I could figure out a way to seal one side of the mount very easily (duct tape really doesn't do the job very well) I would seriously consider cutting out all the rubber in all the mounts and pouring urethane in there to make my own PR-like motor mounts. Anyone have some ideas? I was thinking of saran wrap but I'm not sure if that will work either.

G

·
0 Posts
What about some plexiglass? You could use a bead of silicone around the edge and drill a hole in the middle for the bolt hole with more silicone. Drilling a hole would ensure that the bolt hole is in the proper place if you used an original mount to make the template. Then just coat the glass in the bottom with something urethane won't stick to and your good to go. Sounds crazy but it might work.

Matt Ostlund
93NX
91SE-R DET

1 - 8 of 8 Posts