SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 3 months ago i find out that my alternator is dead to i change it. 2 months after that i find out that the alternator is not charging so i take it to be tested and its bad so i get another one. Now my car has a noise coming from the a/c compressor (that is not hooked up to the car, its just sitting on the belt), so i take the a/c off because i thought it might be that the a/c is slowwing down the belt and not letting the alternator charge. the brake light and the battery lights were blinking in my dash before i took the a/c out. still after the a/c is off and being only 2 weeks old, the alternator is not charging, and the brake and battery light dont turn on. now eveytime i play around with the dash dimmer, the lights in the dash and the radio turn off and on by themselves. could there be a short in the dash lighting? if there is, can i just remove the dash lights fuse to fix the problem?
i need help because this is driving me crazy.:confused:

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Coming from someone who went thru 7 Alternators.what kind are you replacing it with..? I went thru a bunch of Autozone POS alternators, then said screw it and bought one from Nissan..not a problem since...as for the dimmer and lights..dunno

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I would take the alternator off the car and take it to an auto electric shop. They can test the different components of the alternator to tell you which part is bad. That might help you figure out what is wrong with your car.

I had my 261k mile alternator rebuilt for $45. It was a bad voltage regulator in the alternator.

If you have another car, try swapping batteries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts