SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
You're Ugly!
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i couple of weeks ago my friend kyoshoboy found a 4-1 header made for the DE on some phillipine website. the headers are made in arizona by S&S Headers. they are made of 16 gauge steel, mandrel bent with 1.5 inch primary's and a 2inch collector. i thought this would be a great header for the VE if only it can be made to VE standards. since there is no other VE header option out there besides Fuji/custom/ or port matching some other header i was wondering how many of you VE guys would be interested in a affordable (under $400 bucks) header for your VE?

What i need from you VE heads is some input in to what changes this header needs to become the best bang for the buck header for the VE? i spoke to their sales rep and they were excited about the idea of being the only company making VE headers available in the US that are affordable. here is a pic of the header for the DE...

they told me they need to run a minimum of 20 headers per run. if there is enough interest i would supply the ve gasket so they can try and use the same Jig for the ve header from the DE. the header has a second peice that hooks up to your catalytic converter which is way too small at 2" inches. so give me your input guys... what small changes can we make to this header to be the best bang for your buck VE header? :biggthump

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have a DE header sitting here with 1 3/4 inch primaries and they appear to still foul the VE exhaust ports due to the oval shape of the port.
I would be going a 1 3/4 - 2 inch primaries.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
thats true ^.

maybe they would be intrested in making a new jig keeping the same design but steeping the primeries up to 2 inch or maybe bigger along with a 3 inch collector ?

stratton.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Well

4 into 1

1.75 inch primaries
2.5 inch collector
Transition at collector from 2.5 to 3 inch to the cat

Thats it, you will need to send a VE Ex manifodl gasket so they get the ports right and specify this gasket is indeed diffrent from the DE.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
werd, or the average diy can just take a dremel or whatever and port match the headers them selves.

but i would deff be intrested to get in this, i dont have a n/a de or ve but one day ill have another.

stratton.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
werd, or the average diy can just take a dremel or whatever and port match the headers them selves.

but i would deff be intrested to get in this, i dont have a n/a de or ve but one day ill have another.

stratton.
The 1.5 inch port on the header is smaller than the port on the head.

·
You're Ugly!
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well

4 into 1

1.75 inch primaries
2.5 inch collector

Thats it, you will need to send a VE Ex manifodl gasket so they get the ports right and specify this gasket is indeed diffrent from the DE.
if i can get enough interest in this header i will be supplying the gasket to them for them to make direct bolt on headers for the VE. thanks for the input miko, its exactly what i want to hear from you guys. specific design measurements. i was told we can change the collector to whatever size. so you are saying making a 2.5" collector to connect to that pipe but making that pipe a 3 inch pipe?

thats true ^.

maybe they would be intrested in making a new jig keeping the same design but steeping the primeries up to 2 inch or maybe bigger along with a 3 inch collector ?

stratton.
the collector is 2 inches. but what i dont want to do is make so many changes to the header because obviously that ups the price, and i know us B13 well the majority of us are on a budget, so i want to keep cost low.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
I made a small change

4 into 1

1.75 inch primaries
30-32 inch long
2.5 inch collector

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would be keen too! Depending on shipping of course but I don't see that being too excessive. I think Clint and some other kiwi boys might be quite keen too.
Good working bringing something like this to the masses, could work out pretty good. At the price you're suggesting I think 20 units would be an easy figure to reach.

·
You're Ugly!
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made a small change

4 into 1

1.75 inch primaries
30-32 inch long
2.5 inch collector

i got your point about the gasket in the first post Dre lol... im on it. i will write all your measurements down and call them tomorrow morning with them and see what they can do and what kind of price they can give me. i really would like to keep this header under 350 bucks for you guys. we dont want to get in to FUJI prices.:rofl:

·
You're Ugly!
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember that de header from YEARS ago. I never knew someone that owned one though.
yeah, i think its because there are so many companies making DE headers. no one is making them for the VE though so i want you guys to have a new headache free option.

I would be keen too! Depending on shipping of course but I don't see that being too excessive. I think Clint and some other kiwi boys might be quite keen too.
Good working bringing something like this to the masses, could work out pretty good. At the price you're suggesting I think 20 units would be an easy figure to reach.
thanks, i know you VE guys need something like this lol.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I remember that de header from YEARS ago. I never knew someone that owned one though
Me too. I thought the only one ever sold was to SCC for their header shootout :tongue:

i really would like to keep this header under 350 bucks for you guys.
I am not sure if that is even possible....but it is worth a shot!

·
I cruise @ your top speed
1,513 Posts
Depending on price...im in. Keep us posted.

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
i have a complete stock VE header if you need it. though i would want it back.

·
You're Ugly!
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have a complete stock VE header if you need it. though i would want it back.
i will let you know for sure if i need it. more then likely i will but i will let you know. i will end up buying a manifold gasket from Greg V to send to them though.

for under $400 ill bite
when i spoke to their main sales rep, they told me with the kind of changes miko suggested which aren't major the header would stay under $350 bucks.

·
natulog sa pansitan!
1,019 Posts
me and juan(shingouik1) talk about this all the time since i found their website.and so excited to get a headers that would be for a ve.

we want to share this affordable 4-1 headers for all the VE guys (members) to have this good headers.

now all we need to do is to get min of 20 counts to get it goin!!lets get this goin VE guys!!!!

as shingouiki1 said: post some measurements and size that would be the best for our VE's.,so by monday me and juan will be talkin to the company and give them the specs of the headers.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts