SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me my brother and cousin all have 91 white sers my cousin owning 2.they have had theres for about 2 -4 years and mine ive had it for a year.we go to the local dragstrip its a 1/8 mile strip.its so funny because people are talking about these white sentras running around that are fast and how they got turbos and nitrous and stuff.its pretty funny because people come up to us and say watcha runnin a 50 shot and we just say nope just a few bolt ons.nobody belives us its pretty good.all the other imports are hondas and they cant figure out why there si civic with i/h/e/p/ cant run but 9.90 and we are runnin 9.20s with the same mods.then it really kills them when i tell them i paid 1300 for my car lol

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
LOL when I had my NX everybody at Benson knew about it! I raced my boy with his full bolt on N/A 300Z and it has a full Vielside kit(It has the go to match the show)....so of coarse everybody Bet on the Z. His fastest time was a 9.2(messed up second gear synch) and mine was a 9.6 (55shot, Ebay intake, and 2 1/4 catback).

Well His Z was known for always being faster then the TT Z's that run so everybody knew he was fast. But I was also known for eating up Stangs and such (I like racing cars where im the underdog)

Well anyway to make a long story short me and him lined up for a friendly race and since the Z is so flashy everybody always watched it. I blew the doors off his Z!! He missed second and ran a 9.9 while I ran a new best of 9.4! After that and the one time where I pulled a 1.9 60ft with a 9.3(my stock clutch started sliping up top) on street tires people kind of figured out that I wasnt just some "honda bwoy"! Even the track owner complimented me a few times!! and hes got a 5(or 6) second Vette! Your doing somthing right when unknown people know your car!

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Glad to hear your getting some props over there! Its always hard for people to believe that our cars hit 14s with just a few bolt ons :)

-Josh

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Johnny wangwang said:
After that and the one time where I pulled a 1.9 60ft with a 9.3(my stock clutch started sliping up top) on street tires
thats almost impossible to believe.1.9 on street tires? fwd car? how the heck did you do that?

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
sr20andafalcon said:
si civic with i/h/e/p/ cant run but 9.90 and we are runnin 9.20s
those are good times. id like to see a run down of the slips. what does the "p" mean? i'm jealous. my 328 only turns 9.6. you guys must have gutted your cars, though. that's like a 14.0-14.2 through the 1/4.

and 1.9 60 ft with a fwd car on street tires...noooo way. that's called an electrical problem with the timing system at the strip. we had somebody do that on the bmw boards (i hit a 1.4 on street tires).

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pete hits 2.0s off the light my car is the only one gutted so far but pete and cantdoadonut are good drivers

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
You guys must live near a bunch of slow people. I'm faster than most people over here with just i/h/e. But no one cares because there's still a b20 hatch that's more popular. And a few other cars just a lil faster than me. But ****, everyone has Stage 2+ clutches. I have slippity stock clutch. When ever they see me they just say, yeah he's quicker than most civics...but he's not that fast.

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
You guys must live near a bunch of slow people. I'm faster than most people over here with just i/h/e. But no one cares because there's still a b20 hatch that's more popular. And a few other cars just a lil faster than me. But ****, everyone has Stage 2+ clutches. I have slippity stock clutch. When ever they see me they just say, yeah he's quicker than most civics...but he's not that fast.
im just amazed that they get 9.2s (~14.0) with just bolt ons and street tires (i assume this). my se-r was basically stock and running 10.0 when i got rid of it (and i suck at drag racing).

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
No, that 1.9 60ft was not an electrical mistake! I had the slips to prove it! The only reason that I only ran a 9.3 was because my clutch started slipping in third! The tires were at somthing like 18psi in the front and he whole rear was striped. Using nitrous is a funny thing! I found that when launching my car N/A I had to launch it at about 3500rpms anything lower and it would just grip and bog down lightly for a split second. But when I sprayed I launched it at 3000rpm and right before it boged down (It would bog because it was griping and the tires wouldnt spin) I would floor it and the nitrous would give me a perfect launch! BTW this was on some all season khumo tires not Azenis or anything. I dont see why thats impossible to believe! If you do a search you can find all the post from when I first installed my kit and braggin about slower times up to when I ran that 9.3 w/ a 1.9 60ft and was pissed because my time was so slow.

Im not saying I pulled 1.9 60fts all the time Because I didnt (more like 2.1-2.4's) but a 1.9 60ft is possible!

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Johnny wangwang said:
LOL when I had my NX everybody at Benson knew about it! I raced my boy with his full bolt on N/A 300Z and it has a full Vielside kit(It has the go to match the show)....so of coarse everybody Bet on the Z. His fastest time was a 9.2(messed up second gear synch) and mine was a 9.6 (55shot, Ebay intake, and 2 1/4 catback).

Well His Z was known for always being faster then the TT Z's that run so everybody knew he was fast. But I was also known for eating up Stangs and such (I like racing cars where im the underdog)

Well anyway to make a long story short me and him lined up for a friendly race and since the Z is so flashy everybody always watched it. I blew the doors off his Z!! He missed second and ran a 9.9 while I ran a new best of 9.4! After that and the one time where I pulled a 1.9 60ft with a 9.3(my stock clutch started sliping up top) on street tires people kind of figured out that I wasnt just some "honda bwoy"! Even the track owner complimented me a few times!! and hes got a 5(or 6) second Vette! Your doing somthing right when unknown people know your car!
I don't think a 9.2 will even beat a Stock 300ZX TT. LOL

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
You forget that driving skill comes into play at the track! And also the conditon of the car and motor.

Also the TT Z's stock run mid to high 14's dont they? A 9.2 is equal to a 14.1-14.3 in the 1/4

·
Registered
746 Posts
sr20andafalcon where are you guys from???

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we live in winston salem near charlotte and raleigh nc.man we murder cicics with the same bolt ons and them spraying 50 shots.p stands for pullies.when track opens back up i think i will make it to 8.90s with i/h/e/p/ flywheel and a 2100 pound car with azenis

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Johnny wangwang said:
You forget that driving skill comes into play at the track! And also the conditon of the car and motor.

Also the TT Z's stock run mid to high 14's dont they? A 9.2 is equal to a 14.1-14.3 in the 1/4
I did not forget. I am speaking from experience. I have a friend that hit low 14's (14.1-14.0) All day long. Plus the fact that a 9.2 1/8th for a RWD car is doesn't equal the same quarter mile time as it would in a FWD car. The RWD should get off the line faster but lose ground in the back half of the track. So 9.2 = 14.3-14.5.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
sr20andafalcon- I have seen one Classic with mods in Raleigh and it was white. That was probably one from your crew! I was sitting at the McDonalds Citgo on Capitol BLVD gasing up the NX and he passed by TWICE!! After I finished gasing up I tried to catch him just so we could talk but he was gone.

When I get my new SR20 powerd car we should have an NC meet or somthing!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts