SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the track. It was along ride. Especially since I was doing 45 mph all the way back. I banged up my passenger side CV joint. It was worth it though. I got one run and it was a pretty good one. I ran a 14.1 at 102 mph I did a 2.0 60 ft. ( Hey MarkSR20 thanks for the launching advice). I was very happy
. I was mad that I could not get one more run. I made sure I got back home. I am about to get pullies so I hope they help me get into the 13's!
I am going again next week. I am going to bump up my N20 shot. Lets see what happens!

------------------
Robert Ocasio
92 Classic SE-R
--------------
Primera Swap,NOS,MSD,H/S Header,Custom Exhaust

My 92 Classic

[This message has been edited by SE-Rican (edited 10-20-2001).]

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cool SE-Rican! Were you running on slicks on that run? Going by your 60' time, maybe not. What shot were you runnin to get that time? I am also squeezing on the primera motor but mine happens to be the 9.5:1 (that's what I've been told by a known resource) compression.

------------------
Chris Alfonso
Few mods and a bottle of laughter
Best 1/4 time: 13.3
60' time: 1.83
1/8 mile time @ 8.476
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andreas Miko:
You can only eat as much as you can ****.</font>

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Robert;

GREAT time! Congrats.

Judging by your trap speed, you're already in the 13s, my friend. Whereever you had tire spin -- that's what cost you a 13-second timeslip. 102mph tells me you've got a 13-second car already.

Just getting more runs and hooking up better will get you those timeslips.

Congrats!

·
Registered
179 Posts
It says on his sight that it is a 50 shot i was thinking of doing the same this winter
75 shot
clutch
fly wheel
drivline.com stage 3 cv joints
could be good!!!

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats up guys? I ran on street tires at 20 psi last night. I got alot of wheel spin all the way through second gear. When the car hooked up half way trough second it was gone. I have never felt my car pull that way. I am squeezing a 60 wet shot. I am just pissed that I could not get another run. But like I said before I needed to get home. The car was ratteling bad and pulling to the right. So I assume its the cv axle!

------------------
Robert Ocasio
92 Classic SE-R
--------------

My 92 Classic

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
THATS MY DAWG!!!
THATS MY DAWG!!!

DAMN, BRO , that is awesome!!!!
14's!! hootie hoo!!!!! LOL!!!
I WANT SOME NITROUS!!!
hey, how easy is it to hok up?
Can a Saturday mechanic do it?

------------------

SmoothDaddyFig

·
Registered
858 Posts
dude! great time I ran yesterday also and pulled a 14.2 @ 99.8 mph with a 2.2 60 foot time and 23-24 psi at the cheap front tires( crazy wheel spin). my bottle was at a low 700 psi too with no heater.I know I can get a 13.9 if I get a 2.0 60 foot time, bottle heater and better tires.( @20 psi this time). this was my second time at a drag strip.I need more practice launching.BORICUA power!

·
Registered
858 Posts
it took us 1.5 hours to put on ad test.JW 50 shot with 60 shot jet and fpr raised to 38psi for safety.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
my bottle was at a low 700 psi too with no heater.</font>
LOL you know what I did two years ago when I was running juice and it was like 45 degrees out. I took a towel, went into the bathroom near the staging lanes (E-Town) soaked it in HOT water, laid it over the bottle, repeated that like 3-4 times and my bottle was warm to the touch.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
BORICUA power!</font>
What the hell does Puerto Rico have to do with your timeslip? Nissan built that car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yea, my cv joint evan thouh they are new rebuilds i got like 6 weeks ago. they are allready clicking i little bit ...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Jay ,I heard you're gonna build another nissan monster. you know where the fastest cars come from!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Redman007 I would have to say Puerto Rico.
Good cars come from PR!
IMHO! I just keep representing Boricua Style in my Classic. A little reggae and a nice ride keeps me happy!

------------------
Robert Ocasio
92 Classic SE-R
--------------

My 92 Classic

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
AND GOOD PEOPLE!!...........
AND JENNIFER LOPEZ.
AND BACARDI RUM........

------------------

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Smooth you get the AIM account yet?

------------------
Robert Ocasio
92 Classic SE-R
--------------

My 92 Classic

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
about CV joints...

Like Jay said...don't worry about buying beefed up CV joints just yet. We have made over 100 passes/launches on the rebuilt ones we did last year, trouble-free.

When you get up to serious power levels (say, 12s or even 11s), then you may want to look at http://www.driveshaftshop.com

They make seriously strong shafts for our cars. They ain't cheap at $350 a pop, either. But eventually, they'll be worth it.

I still have a ways to go before needing those, though. IMHO.

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blitz4x:
It says on his sight that it is a 50 shot i was thinking of doing the same this winter
75 shot
clutch
fly wheel
drivline.com stage 3 cv joints
could be good!!!
</font>
Are you CV joint bad? If not don't waste your money. This is not a Honda. The SE-R has BEEF axle assemblies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts