SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys what is more drivable on the street 4 or 6 puck clutches?

Have a great Christmas !!!!!:D
Mark

·
Army Boosted
565 Posts
I have a springless 6-puck on my 200sx. Driveability is crazy. Unless you know how to engage that clutch smoothly, get used to a lot of chattering...But grips like a champ!:D Merry X-Mas everybody

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Go 4 puck!!!!!
If you know how to REALLY drive, then its not a problem.

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
The 6 puck is the softer of the two. It will chatter less and engage a little more smoothly. I use the 6 puck clutch on my daily driven car, its not to bad once you get used to it.

The 6 puck clutch has been proven to handle 10-11 second quarter mile passes with huge 13" slicks over and over again. Ben Benavides used it in his 10 second car, but it did eventually slip after years of abuse. My clutch has seen the abuse of a 100 shot, slicks, and now killer F-MAX stage 2 turbo kit, and it still grabs like a bitch!

Frank Orozco
F-MAX Stage 2

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
The 6 puck is the softer of the two. It will chatter less and engage a little more smoothly. I use the 6 puck clutch with H/D Pressure Plate on my daily driven car, its not to bad once you get used to it.

The 6 puck disc and H/D PP has been proven to handle 10-11 second quarter mile passes with huge 13" slicks over and over again. Ben Benavides used it in his 10 second car, but it did eventually slip after years of abuse. My clutch has seen the abuse of a 100 shot, slicks, and now killer F-MAX stage 2 turbo kit, and it still grabs like a bitch!

The JWT PP with stock disk or their metal disc is a nice combination, as is the ACT H/D PP with stock disk. These clutches will give you nice streetability, minimal to no chatter, but will not hold up to high horsepower (>300) with slicks. Without slicks, it should hold the power just fine as long as you dont fry it.

Finally, I have no experience with the ACT X-treme Pressure Plate, but I've heard it makes the pedal quite heavy and decreases driveability.

Frank Orozco
F-MAX Stage 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts