SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys one of my buddies know a guy with a wrecked 95 or 97 Se-R who is selling parts off his car. He's giving me a pretty dope deal on his ECU..400 Bucks..I got a small question though..Will his ECU work fine on my 96 with different mods? I know that sometimes the ECU's are programed for the modds on the car but..is it a basic program that should be able to run fine and learn to run with my mods...I only have basic bolt ons so is there anything I should be concerned about? If this doesn't fall through Im gonna end up buying a brand new one..so any input or advice would help! Thanks Guys!

------------------
Irwin 96 wit stuff

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
what are you gonna do with your stock one? sell it to me? ya.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
466 Posts
The ECU should work without any problems. The only time you have to worry about ECU programs is if he has a turbo, more compression, NOS or cams(my problem).

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
Hey guys one of my buddies know a guy with a wrecked 95 or 97 Se-R who is selling parts off his car. He's giving me a pretty dope deal on his ECU..400 Bucks..
</font>
That is a pretty good price. But you can get a new one from Apex Motorsports for the same amount. Atleast thats what I was quoted about 3 weeks ago.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/misc. goodies

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Hey Soopastank, do you have any more pics of your car? If so could you send me a link or email them to me. I love you damn car!

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

·
Registered
61 Posts
Damn that's a nice looking car! I am more into the sleeper look myself, but even I have to admit that car is aesthetically pleasing. I hope it drives as good as it looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts