SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a very hard time buy/getting shims for the GTIR motor. Does anyone have a reliable source? I've sent JoeGT some $$ and I'm having a hard time contacting him now. Greg @ Mossy said he would order them about 4 months ago, nadda, talked to a Glenroy in Barbados (spl), he can't get certian sizes. Has anyone had any success finding a good source for these? Helpppp! GTIRoids

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I have at least some light at the end of my tunnel. I heard from JoeGT who is currently helping me get these parts :biggthump Still if anyone else knows of a source let me know. TYIA GTIRoids

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
boostenb13 said:
Whats a shim? I'm gettin ready to install my 54c and dont want any surprises... So whats a SHIM?
Our motors come with a mechanical (solid) lifters instead of hydraulic like the other sr20's. Which means after some wear has happened you have to measure the clearance for the cams and lifters (rocker arms). To get them in spec you will need different size shims. It will all make sence when you see a pic. Bad thing is some of the sizes are difficult to come by. Good thing is you can rev the mess out of your motor because of this design. I know that I do (9k rpm) :biggthump

·
My RNN14 is a Xylene Ho!
789 Posts
Slow 96R said:
Good thing is you can rev the mess out of your motor because of this design. I know that I do (9k rpm) :biggthump
you keep talking dirty like that armstrong,you go threw motors and trannys like its underwears.:rofl:
i hear you break this motor or tranny,im sending you down a 1.6 and auto tranny and taking your good stuff:biggthump

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
celm said:
you keep talking dirty like that armstrong,you go threw motors and trannys like its underwears.:rofl:
i hear you break this motor or tranny,im sending you down a 1.6 and auto tranny and taking your good stuff:biggthump
Oooooooh! My side hurts from laughing so hard!

Joel, hes right. Take it easy on this one ;)

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1.6SE-R said:
it blew again only after 3 weeks of it being in the car
i wasnt even boosting
fU$#%#@$%ck
Umm, you my friend are worst then me. Then you leave the east side and go west and you go crazier. :D So now what are you going to do? Hey give me a ring.

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
boostenb13 said:
Thanks forbeing cool and replying to the question... What are some symptoms the engine will giveoff when this measurement and config of the CAMS and RETAINERS are needed?
Tap, tap ,tap, tap tap tap tap. Atleast that is my experience. Anyone else know of any symptoms of a worn vavetrain? Loss of power but that may be very hard to detect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts