SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know with certainty that a 5mm spacer is sufficent to clear the nx brakes using stock B13 wheels? thanks

nathan

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Even though this may not be what you're looking for, but grinding the caliper down to clear the B13 wheels isn't a bad option.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
Please don't don't double double post post.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Yes a 5mm spacer is fine but you need longer studs too. The H&R kit includes everything and its about $80.

sr20sleeper said:
Anyone know with certainty that a 5mm spacer is sufficent to clear the nx brakes using stock B13 wheels? thanks

nathan

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
you wouldnt happen to know the h&r Part number?

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
sr20sleeper said:

nathan

Thought I already answered that for you? Yes it works if 5mm is equivalent to 1/8", I have done it and did not need longer studs. LIke I said once before, once the brakes wear some, you won't even need the spacer.

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just wanted to make ABSOLUTELY sure before i drop $120 on spacers.... not trying to get in a pissing contest here, dont get me on that rant again... i get very irritated with that bullshit. thanks guys for the info.

nathan

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
The stock studs are not long enough to safely use the 5mm spacers. I took my H&R spacers from rear of my NX to use on the front of my SE-R. I needed them to fit the stock wheels over NX brakes and the lugs kept coming loose no matter how tight they were.

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
OK, so i need to get the H&R spacers WITH the longer studs then. Awesome, i am gonna keep my car ultra sleeper style.

tlSeR20DE:
I am getting the brakes from new city nissan. I know the parts guy over there and he is cutting me a deal. Loaded calipers and rotors for $219, and he is not worried about the cores being different. Not sure if i can get you th same deal but i can ask if you want. The parts are aftermarket by the way. Are you going to the autocross this weekend?

1/8" is 4mm not 5mm by the way, for all you anal folks on here...

nathan

paNX2K&SE-R said:
The stock studs are not long enough to safely use the 5mm spacers. I took my H&R spacers from rear of my NX to use on the front of my SE-R. I needed them to fit the stock wheels over NX brakes and the lugs kept coming loose no matter how tight they were.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts