SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt it, but does anyone know of a 6-speed transmission (manual, of course) for the classic SE-R? I have future plans for a turbo (very, very future) but would love to keep my mileage up there with a longer top gear for highway driving. I know there is a conversion available for the original VW GTI, is there something like that we could take advantage of? Or another MTX that would bolt in place?

I know this is probably a pipe dream (large pipe), but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Cheers all and thanks in advance.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
There is no 6 speed tranny for the SR20's.

However, there has been TALK of the new 2002 SE-R QR25DE tranny working with the 91-99's. We'll have to wait and see.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
There is no 6 speed tranny for the SR20's.

</font>
I thought some of the Silvias had 6 speeds.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
There are no 6 speed *FWD* trannies for SR20s. There, everybody happy?

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
723 Posts
our 5th is geared too ridiculously high...

think about it, the Integra Type R also turns 4000rpm @ 80mph.

but:
1. its only a 1.8 and we're 2.0s
2. it's more race-oriented than us
3. does anybody race through all 5 gears?

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stine:
I doubt it, but does anyone know of a 6-speed transmission (manual, of course) for the classic SE-R? I have future plans for a turbo (very, very future) but would love to keep my mileage up there with a longer top gear for highway driving. I know there is a conversion available for the original VW GTI, is there something like that we could take advantage of? Or another MTX that would bolt in place?

I know this is probably a pipe dream (large pipe), but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Cheers all and thanks in advance.
</font>
There will be a Quaife gearset made for the SR20 gearboxes that can support the torque w/o breaking 3rd gear. I think it will be geared espically for the turbo cars. Just check the archives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts