SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just put a 60 shot on my 96 se-r. I also have the basic bolt on's. Intake (CAI) Headers HS, Cams JWT S3, dunk exhaust. Plus my timing is bumped to 17 degrees. Do I need to do anything special to safely run my 60 shot? I was told that my car can safely run the 60 periodically but anything more and I have to start upgrading things. Thanks

------------------
Not another civic....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you have the JWT nitrous kit or basic NOS nitrous kit? Stock injectors? If you're not running the JWT kit, you might want to retard your timing a few degrees. Since you have S3 cams, check your plugs(if lean) after you squeeze. I'm not sure, but you might be close to pushing the limits on stock injectors. If you're using NGK Plats, you might want to switch to a non-plat plug(NGK BKR-6). Plats don't handle N20 very well(ever seen an electrode burnt off a spark plug=). Get a Nitrous press gauge, it helps. Oh yeah, keep an eye on the tach. 1st gear comes quick. Hitting the rev limiter while squeezing would not be good. About upgrading, you might need a new clutch- depending on it's current condition. The bottom end is very stout. Just make sure enough fuel is supplied so things don't get too HOT. Have fun!!!

Fred
99 Sentra(70shot)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, both me and fred have cars w/o the nos kit and have had good luck with the kits, set your timing at about 13-14 degrees, put the nissan part # 22401-20j06 (spark plugs) on them, they are the non plats, and do a good tune up, especially the fuel filter, and check the plugs alot. alot, and then check them again. oh, and gap them down to a .28 also, that helps on the detonation quite a bit. if you really want to go all out on the NOS thing, you can put a fuel pump and ignition system in, but not always needed.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 3 of 3 Posts