SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8 10's in an nx! **Pics now up!**

Hey guys, just wondering if this has been done before or not.
Unlike the majority of you guys, I don't race my nx, nor have I installed any performance parts.
This is purely an audio car and I can't count the amount of $ I've spent putting in stuff, and taking out stuff.
For the hell of it, we did an install in my trunk with some cheaper subs, we managed to fit 8 10's, that's right, 8 10's in the trunk of an nx!
Looks pretty good too, I will have pics up as soon as I figure out why my computer won't show the folder from my digi.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Do you count the back seat as part of your trunk? ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope the back seat is still in!
All the subs, and amps, are all located in the trunk.
The spare tire was taken out though as we needed the extra space for the enclosure.
I should have pics within a day or two.

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
JohnnyToronto said:
Nope the back seat is still in!
All the subs, and amps, are all located in the trunk.
The spare tire was taken out though as we needed the extra space for the enclosure.
I should have pics within a day or two.
I've put 4 12's in one. That car sounded good and hit pretty hard for what was installed. What kind of amps and alternator are you running?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am thinking about doing 4 12's in mine. for sure i am doing 2 12s this spring, i can get a deal on 2 more 12s so we will see what happens.

good luck! please post pictures of audio set ups!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now, I'm running an Mtx Thunder 5400 on 4 channel on the speakers on the inside, and just 1 D2 at 2 ohm on the subs. Nothing too crazy yet.
I have a yellow top under the hood, and 1/0 wire from the battery to the back.
My alternator pooched out on me a while ago, lol, at this time I can't remmber ecaxtly was it was replaced with, but it was definatley a lot bigger, and it's still a nissan alt, so I'm guessing a bigger alt like you would one in one of the newer Nissans.

·
Boosted Member
150 Posts
i ran 4 12''s and competed for a yr had multiple trophys single amp runnin 1 ohm with my back seat still in place and spare tire hit roughly 148-150s on a regular basis

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
sick nx i love your car :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, 8 10's is not needed, and one or 2 GOOD 15's will do just as good a job if not better. But how many people have seen 8 10's in a trunk? It just looks cool.
And it wasn't too expensive either as I used some budget subs. I should have some pics up tonite or tomorrow, stay tuned!

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
How many cu ft is that and what is it tuned to and how much power are they gettin? I have one 12 in 2.5 cubes tuned to 32hz at 1600wrms at 1 ohm and its deafining. Im thinkin about gettin 2 at about 1.6 cubes each sealed for a little better sq, but naw.

·
Registered
295 Posts

No travel for you. lol. Im not into audio, but that is pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys, the box is approx 10.5 cubes and approx tuned to 35hz. It's wired at 2ohm powered by an Earthquake D2 so it's getting about 1000 watts maybe a little more. (Amp is rated 2000 at 2 ohm, but it doesn't put out that much, lol)
Sounds pretty good and so far, everyone likes the look of it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts