SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
sell out
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using an oil pump from an sr16ve modified for my det. and i got 25 psi at idle and 90 psi at highest. anybody have any words of wisdom on this it would be much appreciated.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
b13autobot said:
im using an oil pump from an sr16ve modified for my det. and i got 25 psi at idle and 90 psi at highest. anybody have any words of wisdom on this it would be much appreciated.
Is this with vehicle warmed up or cold start?

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
90 - 100 psi of pressure is right for a VE, I don't think it should be any different for a VE pump on a DE block.

C

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I saw 25psi at idle and redline saw my oil pressure gauge peg to 100.. This is with POS Autometer gauges...

I'll let you know what it does on Greddy gauges as they use bar instead of psi so the range reading is higher and I can give you a more accurate number...

Cheers-
Erich

·
sell out
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i get 90 psi on cold start up and when its warm its about 20 psi . and up to 130 at redline. i belive this could be the reason for my brand new front main seal to be leaking already. but other than that i would think the more the merrier.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
If you dont mind me asking: Where did you get that pump and how much $$$ did it cost you? Thanks

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
b13autobot said:
i get 90 psi on cold start up and when its warm its about 20 psi . and up to 130 at redline. i belive this could be the reason for my brand new front main seal to be leaking already. but other than that i would think the more the merrier.
front main seal does not see oil pressure, it should have nothing to do with it leaking. Most likely it was not installed correctly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts