SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it work? Thinking of buying Turbosentra's stock 91 ECU and just wondered if it'll work on my '92.

One of these will be sent to Jim Wolf for programming. Should I send the '91 or '92?

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Will it work? Thinking of buying Turbosentra's stock 91 ECU and just wondered if it'll work on my '92.

One of these will be sent to Jim Wolf for programming. Should I send the '91 or '92?
</font>
It doesn't matter what you send to them as long as you tell them it's for a '91 SE-R. You must send a non-OBD2 SE-R ECU (it could be from a '91-'93 SE-R/NX/G20) and you'll be just fine. Hell, they accepted my '98 ECU for a core, and sent me back a JWT-programmed '96 ECU (since they can't program the '98+ yet.) So, as long as you send them an SE-R ECU that's non-OBD2 and from a high-port SR20, you're okay.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

[This message has been edited by RollcageSR20 (edited 04-10-2001).]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another quick question. How much does this reprogramming usually cost?

Thanks

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Another quick question. How much does this reprogramming usually cost?
</font>
It really depends on who you get it from. If you go straight to JWT, they'll charge $595, for either their standard program (new fuel/timing maps, rev-limit raised to 7800rpm, speed-limiter taken off on B14's, etc.) or their S3/S4 cam program (obviously optimized for use with SR20's that have their S3 or S4 cams.) I believe Courtesy Nissan, Stillen, and Apex Motorsports sells JWT ECU's for a bit less (I've heard $495 being thrown around somewhere on this forum.)

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Courtesy sells them for the same price as JWT, $595. That's a lot of dead Presidents.

OK, how much hp do you get with the N/A stock cam program? For 6 bills, it better be at least 12-15 hp.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts