SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try letting it rev to about 7000 or so and see if it shifts then. The redline on the car is 7500, and it really likes to see that as much as possible. I would be pissed off if my automatic shifted at 5k when the redline is 7k

·
Registered
178 Posts
My Nx does something similar.. if im going like 20-30 mph and i decide to gun it it wont shift into the next gear until i let off on the gas a little bit. Since my trans. is electronic i'm guessing it might be a chipset issue. Other than that my transmission is fine, so I'm not worried.
I heard that the older electronic transmissions learned how you drove and the problem was that it learned its stuff during the break in period, so after that it kept shifting that same way. I know the automatic 300zx's had to be taken back to the dealer to be reset when such a problem occured. Who know's maybe time for a reset.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmmm... it takes a long time to even rev up to 5k.. if it's in neutral and I hit the gas it's real slow to rev up... also sittin in a light it idles real rough.. I replaced the air filter , fuel filter, and plugs and still nothin....

any other ideas????

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi gent's I just purchased an NX2000 with 72k on it and have one small problem that I wanna tackle & thought maybe you guys could be of some assistance.. It's an auto and when you get on it another words keep the pedal to the floor the RPM's go up to 5k and stop the car won't shift until you let off the gas then the shift is kinda rough.. if you just drive it easy it shifts through the gears fine.. any idea's?

thanks in advance..

·
Registered
178 Posts
So how does one reset their computer or automatic transmission? I'd like to do it myself. Does anyone have a service manual handy?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry I'd like to ask the same Q myself...

So how do we reset the computer? Is it as simple as disconnecting the battery over night???

lance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts