SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Need help
My tach on my 91 was moving erratically as i was driving home last night. It would work fine from 2000 rpm and above but when it came down below that it would ping pong up and down. then i would give it gas and it would bump up to 2 grand and be cool. If anyone has experienced the speedometer problems then you know what i mean. but this is much tamer, but the problem is (i guess this is really my question) how do i fix the tach- it seems like a much different fix cuz the tach doesnt have the cable in the back like speedometer?
TIA
Marzon18
91-se-r with a little stuff

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
What I am guessing is that the needle came loose from the pole where it sits. But that is a guess.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine kinda does the same thing. It works fine until 3400 and it will stick then keep going. Kinda like it gets hung up, but if you drive at 50 in 5th that is 3400 rpm so the needle starts going crazy!!! It will bounce and ping around from 2000 to 8000! I don't know what the deal is either so I'm listening for opions since it sounds like we have a similar problem. It only does it when it is warm tho, or been running for a long time.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; now raising funds for AGX's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts