SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5th gear used to pop out, but it is completely shot now ( 127k )
need help...do i rebuild it, or buy a used one? As I remember,a local juckyard has one with low miles, but I don't know how much it is worth paying for it. PLEASE HELP !!!

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
I have a 93 tranny for sale if you want to buy it. No fifth gear grumbl either.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Pretty cheap, make an offer man. Need to get rid of it asap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously...has anyone in here actually done this repair yourselves ???? I really need some input. My car has absolutely nothing for 5th gear....as soon I touch the throttle, GRRRRRR, out of gear... I can't even HOLD it in gear anymore at all. If you have had this problem, you know it really SUCKS

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
I've heard estimates, and they are not cheap.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Yes they will, They don't have the VLD diffential though. They also have an electric speedo, which you can just swap with yours

·
Registered
513 Posts
Whoa! Wait a minute, I thought the trannies that don't have LSD are 98 and above. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would recommend getting a tranny that is 95 and above, I am pretty sure that the 5th gear PO problem was fixed for these.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
Bone Stock

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
95-97 had LSD. Don't know what other differences there were between those and 91-94.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
All 91-94's had VLSD's even the automatics(SR20DE motors that is). 95-97 had VLSD's, 2000(1)SE PP's have VLSD.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Delpickel:
How much ????
NH is a long way from OR !!!
-Dale
</font>
there may be a 93 se-r tranny for sale in seattle. it's case is broke but you could use it for parts
e-mail me at [email protected]

Ric in Lacey, Wa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts