SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and really a novice when it comes to cars. However, I have a Black 1992 Sentra SE (stock, no modifications done) that has been sitting in the driveway for about 6 years, and I suddenly have this urge to bring it back from the dead.

My goal is to not only get the car in reliable running condition again ( I need to replace the clutch), but to give it a nicer look with some rims, lower stance, paint of course, and I would like to make sure it handles better than it did when I first got it.

In terms of the performance of the car...

what are some of your suggestions or recommendations of what I can do to the car to give it improved handling, horsepower, and speed?

I do not intend on racing or anything like that, but would like to have a fun car to drive on the weekends for day trips or when running errands around town.

In terms of the look, I imagine the car with a clean black or dark pearl gray color. In the day it shines with the paint still looking wet. The rims are much bigger too and fill up the wheel well.

I see silver painted rims or maybe even some black rims with a silver lip. And the car is dropped. It's low, but it's not too low. I dont' want to "over do it" to where it looks like i'm trying to hard.

And I don'want to sacrifice performance by maybe lowering the car too much for what the car is designed for. With that said....

What are your suggestions on wheel size and tiresize?

How much should I lower the car?

What are you suggestions for lips, side skirts, or kits that will give a lower appearance while still maintaining a clean and classy look?

I like the idea someone had posted on this site in regards to the look of a car. It was something to the affect of liking cars that if an average passer by drove by it, he probably wouldn't even notice the difference.

Also, I've seen reference to b13, b14, and b15 styles...does the 1992 SE fit into one of those categories? If so, which one is it?

It will probably be some time before I can get the car to what I vision in my mind, but it sure is fun thinking about the end product. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated here. Thanks in advance for your advice and expertise.

·
SR20 ENTHUSIAST
679 Posts
Hi everyone,

what are some of your suggestions or recommendations of what I can do to the car to give it improved handling, horsepower, and speed?

And I don'want to sacrifice performance by maybe lowering the car too much for what the car is designed for. With that said....

What are your suggestions on wheel size and tiresize?

How much should I lower the car?

What are you suggestions for lips, side skirts, or kits that will give a lower appearance while still maintaining a clean and classy look?

Also, I've seen reference to b13, b14, and b15 styles...does the 1992 SE fit into one of those categories? If so, which one is it?
Most people will tell you to just swap your GA16DE (the 1.6L you have now) for an SR20DE, but you CAN HAVE FUN with your motor too. Making yourself an intake or get one from ebay, header, and exhaust will put you alot closer to the power of the stock SE-R's believe it or not.

Sentras *WILL* fit 17's but they are too big for the car I found that out the hard way. Most people go with 205/50/15's or 16's.

DO NOT lower your sentra more than 1.5 inches or your handling will suffer!

Front lip: grab one from a 90 Mazda MX-6 or 626 it fits GREAT after you trim about an inch out of the middle of it.
sides: grab from a 93-97 altima or 95-99 Sentra/200SX they will fit with little modifications.
rear: I heard the rear lip from the 94-97 accord works nicely with little to no modifications.

And your car is a B13 because its between 1991 and 1994.

Chris

·
cut the fat
368 Posts
i would recommend against the header. you cant pass smog visual with it on. since youre not into racing, id say leave that part stock. as for intakes, id go with AEM since they are CARB legal. either that or a K&N FIPK. exhaust...try and find something on ebay for ease of installation. or you can go to a shop and have a custom one built with your muffler of choice. make sure you get a resonator or 2 if youre going that route.

for suspension check this forum for road magnet springs. i dont recommend eibach, h&r or any other common spring if you want to maintain a nice ride. they drop the car too much and the rates are whack. however, they are cheap. dont go with you auto parts store struts either. check online for some KYB GR-2s. cheap and effective for your needs.

if you want to fill the wheelwell gap, go with 16s. the forum member yeedle can hook you up with a nice set for less than normal prices. PM me if you want his info. for tires, a 205/45/16 would work well. id go with kumho spts. you can get them from americas tire company.

styling is not my thing but i do think a Tsuru (our cars are still made new in mexico) headlight upgrade would be great. check out rapidcustoms.com or gspec.com for the lights.

hope this helps.

·
SR20 ENTHUSIAST
679 Posts
i would recommend against the header. you cant pass smog visual with it on.
Damn I forget you guys way tougher emissions in CA. Your right, NO HEADER.

meka257 said:
B13Sentra2DR,

IN responose to a posting of mine, you mentioned to take the sides from a "93-97 altima or 95-99 Sentra/200SX ".

Are the side parts you are talking about come as stock parts already on the car? Or is there a particular kit for these models that I should be looking for that have these side skirts you are speaking of? I just want to make sure.

In other words, can the side parts you speak of be found on a stock 93-97 altima and or stock 95-99 sentra? Again, thanks for you help.
Yeah the parts come stock, I think its called the Altima Limited Edition, heres a picture of them installed on a sentra:

And the 95-99 Sentra SE, they look basically the same as the altima skirts above......here they are:

Here's the 89-92 or whatever Mazda 626/ Mazda MX-6 factory lip installed on my roomates 92 Sentra SE-R:

On some sentras theres a little grey lip on the bottom of the sentra bumper where Nissan just didn't paint it, so we painted it black and painted the 626 lip attatched to the bottom of it black as well.

Chris

·
JWT Addict
569 Posts
Damn,sux to live in Cali...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts