SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R with 175,000 miles. This car has served me well for 12 years, and I am looking forward to buying a new spec-v. The engine and transmission is still going BUT the body is rusting, the windshield is cracked, the dash lights don't work, the heater doesn't work, and the driver side door hangs. I hate to junk her because the engine and 5-speed tranny is still solid, so is there a market for these engines and transmissions? Or should I not feel guilty about leaving her in a junk yard.
Thanks,
William

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Don't junk a running Classic SE-R! :eek: :cool:

Somebody could get some more miles out of it.

Ask a fair price, and somebody will bite. There's too much love and too few SE-Rs not to find it a new home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would be a fair price? The exterior body is rusted and there are some dents, plus a missing mirror. I wouldn't sell it if it looked good, but with summer coming I would rather drive a cleaner looking car. I'll try selling it but there is so much to fix I didn't think anyone would bite?

·
-John-
690 Posts
Trust me someone will, look at this forum, this car still runs it could still be cleaned up to make a decent daily driver for someone else. As far as price I just paid $500 for a 91 Se-R with 239K miles and a little rust but nothing I can't handle with some work. You can definitely get more by selling than junking it.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
HEY!!!! NO JUnking of the SE-R!!!! Ask a price then haggle from there ......Either way you will get more by selling her than by junking her....the scrap yard will maybe give you 100.00 if they feel up to it....im sure you could sell it for like at least 500.00.....post it up on the buyer/seller forum..... i bet you will sell it within a week!!!

·
and the Blackhearts.
850 Posts
Please don't junk it. Put it up in the buying/selling section. There are sooo many SE-R peeps out east. It will sell quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts