SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SR20DE Rocks
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im looking to buy this 92 G20 from another person. The price is kinda reasonable, but according to the seller it has some tranny issues. He said that the 3rd and 5th gear does not grab though it stays in. Brings me to my questions. Is this something that like a minor fix or should I replace the whole trasmission thing. Another question, Can I get any Sr20transmission for it or should get one specifically for that year and model? Little help here guys.

·
Noobish..
143 Posts
You will need to replace the transmission. Factor the cost of that into buying the car.

You could rebuild it, but i think replacing it with a used one would be a lot cheaper.

·
SR20DE Rocks
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to replace the transmission. Factor the cost of that into buying the car.

You could rebuild it, but i think replacing it with a used one would be a lot cheaper.
Can I get any Sr20transmission for it or should I get one specifically for that year and model? Little help here guys.

·
Mountain roads+T Tops=:)
77 Posts
Check the metal plate in the engine compartment, it will list the number of the transmission, if it has an A at the end it doesn't have lsd, a limited slip diff. if it has a V it is a limited slip diff.

Do a search on the forum, remember the search button is your friend and lots of people have listed what fits what, if you include the word swap, in your search words it will help you find the information.

I believe at the very least, 91 to 93 are interchangeable. If you go to car-part.com and put your car information in it will give you what will fit without changing anything, it will also search salvage yards that are listed with that service for that trans.
Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts