SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question...

I recently hit a large animal on the highway and the front bumper cover needs replaced...

I alwyas prefered the look of the 93/94 SE-R bumper with the more aggressive built in lower air-dam. According to my body shop, their computer shows the same part # for the 91-94 SE-R, but we all know that cannot be correct.

Being I am replacing the entire bumper cover with a totally new one, I am thinking of placing the 93/94 on there instead.

Does anyone know for a fact that this can be done? I will add I am keeping the original grille (liked my glass headlamp units and grille better than the 93/94, besides, mine are not damaged).

It seems to me it can be done...

I think the 93 SE-R bumper will look great...

Thanks for any input...

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5 speed, LSD, Leather, Roof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused or smoked in.
Web-page http://community-2webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea easy, direct bolt up. They only changed the grill/headlight/under headlight bar between 92 and 93. The mounting points as far as I have ever heard are the same. Call up courtsey see what they price for one, and get their part number. Do checking make sure you get a 93/94 if the part numbers are the same

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
If you find out a price from Courtesy, let us know.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had the same idea about putting a '93-94 front fascia on my '92 SE-R. I was quoted a price of $117.00 at my local Nissan Dealership.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is that all that fascias go for? I rear-ended someone in my NX last December, and now the hood doesn't line up with the nose quite right and my air dam's a bit cracked. Since the damage isn't bad, I didn't want to go through insurance and have my premiums go up, but my car's just barely damaged and it bugs me. Please let me know how you make out...

------------------
Nissan, baby, Nissan... now burning a Honduh near you :D

'91 NX2000, HKS intake and 2.25" exhaust

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay here we go...

Got the insurance check today and went to the body shop today to re-do estimate to include some custom work to go with this re-do.

The front bumper cover is the same price for all years of the Classic SE-R. I am paying $179.28. But that includes being painted! Now, the total for everything
including the labor includes this:

*A/C condenser and its brace straigtened out and painted.

*New driving lamp lenses and wiring harnesses

*New 93/94 BUMPER COVER

Rocker Panel side-sills painted body color

Side View Mirrors painted body color

Grille and lower tie bar (strip under grille/headlamps) repainted body color

Add in all paint, labor and disposal for the above comes to $888.83. Not bad. She will be practically brand new all over again! With my insurance having only a $100 deductible, only $388 is out of my pocket (do to the custom work).

When done I will post a new pic on my web site (link is in my signature) Work will begin in two weeks (going on a long weekend this weekend, could not fit repair in my schedule)

Thanks for all your input and help

SE-Rman

* The work due to animal incident damage alone was $605. Including the new 93/94 bumper cover. Custom work alone is $283.

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused or smoked in.
Web-page http://community.webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

[This message has been edited by 91ClassicSE-R (edited 03-28-2001).]

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am very interested in how much this amounts to. Did you go to a higher end garage? The pricing sounds pretty reasonable. Once I move out of the city, and away from the "Boston Bump", I will consider getting new bumpers and some paint touch-ups. Please keep us posted.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
Bone Stock

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kpw97:
I am very interested in how much this amounts to. Did you go to a higher end garage? The pricing sounds pretty reasonable. Once I move out of the city, and away from the "Boston Bump", I will consider getting new bumpers and some paint touch-ups. Please keep us posted.

</font>
I went to the best shop in my area. They own their own motorcycle dealership and also own their own custom show cars along with this pro-auto body shop. These people are motor enthusiasts to the core. They have a collection of show bikes, cars and pick-ups. They own a show Viper and Prowler just to name a couple along with a collection of classic muscle cars. Their work is amazing and high quality. Evidently they put alot of pride in their work. I am confident I will get nothing less than the best.

I guess they almost have to be with all their involvement...

I will keep you posted.

[This message has been edited by 91ClassicSE-R (edited 03-29-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts