SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i just bought a 93 SER today and i was wondering if anyone could help me out.

first the clutch is going so i was wondering what would be a good clutch to put in, i want something with alot of grip so i was thinking an ACT. what do you guys think of them?

i was also wondering if it is worth it to do a EGR blck off? does that make a difference in preformance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
the ACT clutch has been known to be a good product. I haven't had any experience with it, but from what i heard it has been reliable.

I blocked of my EGR and noticed a little difference in performance if you are willing to sacrifice a little bit of mpg.

I would also get a new exaust to let the car breathe better because the stock exaust is pretty small.

Any other comments to the newbie will be appreciated since he's a good buddy of mine and i might have forgotten something.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
1) ACT isn't bad at all. What are your power goals though? How do you intend to use the car?

2) Blocking off the EGR won't do a thing (other than raise NOx value). The car's performance will be the same with or without the EGR.

3) Exhaust should be the last thing if you're setting up the car for N/A performance. Do headers, cams, CAI, advanced timing etc. first.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i will go with the ACT then, and wait to do the EGR.

as far as exaust i think i will up grade to something better since the one it has on it is just stock....it probably is sufficating. maybe i will put a K&N on it too

i will look into cams and a header but for now ill just put some new plugs and plugwires in because they look old and stock.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Do a full-tuneup, i.e. replace the distributor cap, plugs, wires, fuel filter and check your ignition timing (set it at 17* BTDC).

Your car is probably not "suffocating" with a stock setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright well thank you for you suggestions know it is time to get to work. if you can think of anything else just let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts