SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well as some of you may already know i am planning on moving to south Florida in the next few months and i have an engine sitting in my garage with a blown head gasket. Last summer i blew my head gasket on my way to a geekout at Natural81's house and i since got a UKDM red top installed. I had planned on replacing my head gasket but i didn't plan on moving away so soon.
I would rather post in the local forum rather than the classified because of shipping costs. I am selling the engine ( head and block, intake manifold, intake plenum. etc ) as a unit as i do not have the means on removing the head. I would like to keep the UKDM exhaust manifold as there are no emissions laws in FL. I would let the engine go for only 50.00....and you gotta come and pick it up....i will help with the loading and if there's anything else you may need that i have feel free to make an offer.....I am about 95% sure the head did not overheat nor did it warp. My buddy who did the engine swap said the engine didn't look too bad other than the head gasket leaking coolant, but it would cost almost as much to do an engine swap as it would to mill the head and replace the head gasket....If anyone is interested let me know, i know there may be someone out there looking for a project engine and you can't beat it for $50.00.......PM me if interested or email me at [email protected].

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well what happened initially is the my USDM had thrown a piston from the block, i replaced it using a JDM lowport 9.5:1 engine .... then the JDM blew the head gasket leaking coolant into the #1 cylinder.....as soon as i saw the puff of white smoke from the tail i shut it off right as i was getting on the on ramp onto the 90/294N ramp.....so i didnt overheat the engine that i know for sure, so instead of reparing the existing engine i just opted to replace it. To answer your question i started to take it apart, got lazy, left it , i got as far as removing the intake manifold, valve cover, but never got around to removing the head....i removed the water pump, fuel rail, oil filter sending unit. But other than that the head is still on and i have all the parts. Since i'm not storing the engine in a climate controlled space there is some rust beginning to form on the cams. Not too bad but its there. all i ask is that it gets a better home than what i can provide for it right now, and me moving to South Florida i have to take as little as possible.....i can give you all the parts i took off bolts, water pump, fuel rail, but it is disassembled.....email me with your contact info and i will let you know when you can come by and pick it up....i figure 50.00 isnt bad for an engine that can still be used for parts or otherwise...

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and by the way i also have the stock flywheel if you want it...has some corrosion on it but nothing a machine shop can't fix LOL ....tomorrow after i get off work i will take some pics .....send me your email addy so i can send you pics ......

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was hoping that this coming weekend ( sunday ) someone would want it as i have tons of work to do around my house to get it ready to be sold....as it stands now its 1st come 1st serve....i'll take some pics monday after i get off work and email it to whoever sent me an email address....

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the engine was picked up on Weds. .... the person who picked it up got the head, block, UKDM exhaust manifold, fuel rail, intake manifold, water pump, stock flyhweel.....and by the summer we will all be hearing about what the bottom end can hold....the bottom end was less than a year old.....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Damn dude, you're gonna be rollin' with all the Florida SE-R! Your car will fit right in man. I've been thinkin about getting the hell out of Chicago too. I've considered Florida or I could always move back to Cali. Are you gonna have a going away party?

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh hell yeah bro!!! I wouldn't consider anywhere else than Florida!!....I'm thinking the week before i leave to have like a Mini-meet that we can make a kinda going away party.....i'll keep all the Chicago peeps posted...I can't wait to have my 1st New years Eve BBQ down there....if any of you wanna visit South Florida let me know i will be more than happy to show you around the party scene ....by then i'm sure i will be chillin with all the Florida SR20 guys....

·
Proud father of two
1,236 Posts
94sentraSER said:
Well the engine was picked up on Weds. .... the person who picked it up got the head, block, UKDM exhaust manifold, fuel rail, intake manifold, water pump, stock flyhweel.....and by the summer we will all be hearing about what the bottom end can hold....the bottom end was less than a year old.....

Ok, so your post was a waste of time. Next time you should be more specific with your posts.

How about:

"I'm thinking about selling my damaged engine. I'm not 100% on selling it yet, but I'm gauging interest. I'd expect $50 for it IF I WAS GOING TO SELL IT. So, don't get your hopes up because my buddy might build it up to be a 600whp beast. I'll post again if it will become available."

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not really steve because the way i see it it was kinda on a 1st come , 1st serve basis....in a nutshell 1st person who can come and get it would take it...and besides if no one wanted it, it would have gone to the scrapyard...just ask the other " steve"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts