SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you rip all the emissions stuff out of your car? Did you do it yourself?

My car has the hesitation thing and I know it has something to do with my EGR, but there are so many damn tubes that are hooked up to it!!

Well if you can help, thanks.

G

·
Hey Sheabird, whats up?

Well, I've had my SE-R for 2 months now. The first week I got it I wasnt all impressed with it. It had a real bad hesitation and it would stall out in the morning when I would first crank it up. So after reading all this stuff about the EGR and BPT, I said "screw it!" So I took out the BPT. Then I took out the EGR. After you take those out there are going to be a few vacuum hoses that have nowhere to go. Just go to the local autushop and pick up some caps. Then cap away! ( or if you have any screws big enough, just screw them in the vacuum hoses)I know it sounds crazy and for a while I was paranoid that something was going to blow up. But its been 2 months and my SE-R rides out!! As soon I took it for a spin , with the vacuum hoses still not plugged up, I noticed a big difference. I swear up and down that I started bouncing of the rev limiter cause it would just zoom up so fast. I was a happy camper. I have raced it every weekend and I dont have any problems any more. It doesnt even stall out in the mornings. I have taken it to 130MPH and no signs of anything. I am a very aggressive driver and always keep the RPMs high. Oh yeah, the only hose I didnt plug up was the one coming from the carbon canister. I just cut it so it wouldnt stick out so far. This hose has the vapor from the gas tank coming out and I dont think its a good idea to plug it up. If you havent done so get some NGK plugs. That was my next "oh my god" experience. Needles to say , I am a hardcore SR20DE fan now. E-mail me if you want at [email protected] If you need assistance on the phone I will be more then happy to assist you. See you 'round! Good - luck!!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! I am gonna do it with my step dad soon. I have the same problem.

Up to 3,000rpms my car is a woose. And it does stall sometimes too.

If I have any problems, I'll get in touch.

lates, shea.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:

Up to 3,000rpms my car is a woose. And it does stall sometimes too.

</font>
hat is a "woose"? Is it like a "yeti" or something, LOL. Shea, when you doin this, cuz ill show u how i ridded of my EGR too.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts