SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this weekend im planning on checking out a 95 ser, if all goes well, i'll be bringing it back home with me. do you guys have any tips that i should be looking for to make sure this car isnt beat on. i know that after around 120K miles the fifth gear may pop out, so i plan on checking that since the car has 130K on it. i also plan to replace or rebuild the motor down the road when i have some more time, until then, the car is going to be a project/summer car. any advice you guys have would be great. thanks, rich

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
The b14s don't have 5th gear popout, so no need to worrry. Um, with that mileage, the motor mounts will be shot, i bet the suspension is shot, clutch probably needs to be replaced, but really nothing specific to look out for aside from general wear.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Look for rot inside the door jambs down by the rocker panels. The doors will likely sag on their hinges somewhat as well.

·
-John-
690 Posts
binky said:
Look for rot inside the door jambs down by the rocker panels. The doors will likely sag on their hinges somewhat as well.
You mean Nissan didn't learn a lesson from the B13's? Saggy doors are bad for aerodynamics I hear em suckin in wind anytime after 60 or so, talk about annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts