SR20 Forum banner

95 tranny

816 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TurbochargedSER 
#1 ·
Has anyone swapped a 95 tranny into their classic? I was thinking about doing this but couldn't remember if there were any problems. I'd check se-r.net but for some reason it won't load on my comp. TIA.

Mel

#2 ·
why go with a 95 tranny when you can buy my 93? But I wish i could tell ya if it's gonna fit, it probably will. But I don't think the 95 has the limited slip.

#3 ·
Man does everyone think that.... The 95 does have a VLSD. 91-97 ALL have a VLSD, then picked it back up in 2000 with the SE Performance Pack 5 speed.

John Hear did a similar swap I do believe. Some of the issues was with the speedo I think. Look on the webring or search in the archives for Heer's website. He has a write up about it.

#4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
Man does everyone think that.... B]</font>

Lol, I thought that too. My uncle wants to get another spare tranni for his se-r (turbo, you know how that goes) and I told him don't pick up the 95 - up because they don't have the LSD. I guess I was wrong.
Are the 95 and beyond trannis better than the earlier ones? Cause it would just make sence to get the tranni for your specific model and year.

------------------

paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

#5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">My uncle wants to get another spare tranni for his se-r (turbo, you know how that goes) </font>
Do you know about the custom gearset that is being developed by Quaife for high-power sr20's? It is a little pricey, around $3000 but changes the ratios as well as being a lot stronger..

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

#6 ·
The '91-'97 trannies are almost identical, but there are a few differences, but they are interchangeable. One difference between the B13 and B14 tranny is the speedo, and the '95+ trannies have a crank sensor on the front, but its not a big thing.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

#7 ·
I was wanting a 95 tranny because I had heard that it has the upgraded 5th gear. My 5th gear went out (think whole tranny might be ready to go out) and if I don't have to rebuild it I'd rather not. Just in case how much are you asking for your 93?

Mel

#10 ·
Does not have the 5th popout. When I had the engine/tranny in my car, it was really smooth shifting. Has about 90k on it.

#11 ·
I have a 1996 200SX SE-R tranny in my 1992 Sentra SE-R. You will have to change out the Speed Sensor on the tranny(just pull the one from your 92 tranny), but other than that it works just fine. You won't need to use the Crank Positioning Sensor on the front of the tranny either. The axles from your 91-94 will work just fine with the 95-97 tranny also.

------------------

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.7 @ 112 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

[This message has been edited by APEXSER (edited 03-07-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.