SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 5 Speed Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is the right place to post in, but I have just finished replacing the bearing on No. 4 as well as torquing to the correct OEM specifications for my SR20DE, I was told by coworker to put in 5W40 after oil was metal color as well as putting lucas oil stabilizer in. it begins to knock at 2k and will become worse somewhere between 3 and 4K. can't downshift as co worker recommended not to, to keep it on the safe side. the thing I wonder is could the walls be damaged in the block or something? I can upload a video tomorrow on my way to work just to get a firm clear answer on what is recommended option to do. also any advice on fixing the rough idle surge when it goes from 1k to below and stalls?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
File size for video to big so might have to upload a quick short clip to YT and link it later on today after work.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, I'm planning on getting a new SR20 or atleast one that's in fair condition since its most likely the crank that's been damaged. My coworker is going to help me take a look at it first since sr20s are really popular right now. He thinks it can be rebuilt but honestly it'd cost me more to do that then just looking for an SR20 used/fair condition

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts