SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have undertaken find a clean Bluebird motor, less then 30K...its a 97 with a front mount intercooler T25 etc.. This however is the high port head resembling the 91-93 SE-Rs.Am i right about this. I have scanned pics.?

Will the 96 head (low port head)off my car bolt onto the BB block.? So i can just get the BB motor/block, turbo, etc. and swap on my head and retain alot of the wiring harness and emission poop.?

Anyone know if this is done and if i can do it easy.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
97 DET w/FMIC? That sounds weird. Was it out of an Alveria(??) or what ever it's called? Dose it come with all the piping?

You should be able to swap out the head but the piping might not line up. Everything else should be a direct swap. AFAIK the high port head flows better than the low port thus they are(or were) still being used in Japan. Just something to think about. Do you have the pics on the net? I'd like to see them.

Mike

·
Registered
782 Posts
Put into consideration that the DET heads have sodium filled valves , which can withstand exhaust gas tempuratures better than the stock DE valves. Also, like Mike said, the High port head flows much better than the low port head. The DET also has much more aggressive cams.

------------------
Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
13.6 @ 111 mph, Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Kuhmo 205/40/ZR17 Tires

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Louis isn't the GTI-R DET the only one with the sodium filled valves? I could have sworn the BB DET has the same valves as the DE. Hmmm...

Mike

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mike- Actually the GTiR, BlueBird, & Primera DE's have Sodium filled valves. When Ben Benavides and I were getting his head done at DPR, we also took my head from my Primera motor that I grenaded on the dyno and sure enough, the valves were sodium filled. I believe JWT is R&D-ing these valves as an inexpensive valve train upgrade as we speak.

------------------
Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
13.6 @ 111 mph, Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Kuhmo 205/40/ZR17 Tires

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, so lessee, i really want to go with tthe entire DET but i don't think it'll pass emissions. ANyone tried to pass one.? On a 1996? Ben does your bolt on turbo pass? I think the best bet is top try the bolt on turbo with about 8-10 psi on the stock motor. I don't think crazy boost will help me much in PRO SOLO anywyas and i think Wolf has a manifold figured out that will allow me to keep the EGR etc. I have to see his design.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, i can't get the pictures to work. BTW the engine is a 98 with 22 K...i was wrong. This make any difference.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
If you get a DET mani and turbo you should be all set. You can easyly lengthen the egr tube to after the turbo on to the down pipe or around that area. I'd definatly keep your stock motor with the low milage and turbo it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Mike,

Just checked out your website...nice dooood. Anyways, if i go with the BB motor, what kinda wiring harness mods will i need to do. The DET is a 97-98 what will i need to do to get it in and keep it reliable.. Will it go in and will my wiring harness match up. What else do i need to know before getting into this.

Email me privately and tell me what i have to do to get the BB motor in or to turbo my car. I am thisclose to doing the BB or turboing my motor, i just haven't decided which one yet. My biddy Jimmy Banach has a GTiR motor in his 96 and he is upgrading his turbo and manifold and wants to give me his manifold and T28. SHould i do this on my motor and upgrade my motor or do the BB motor with 22K on it.??

Thanks man.

G

·
0 Posts
I would just get the T-28 and Mani. This is what Ray Kawski is doing right now to his 98 SE. You should come to Salt Fest. There will be a DET swap going on and Mike G will be there with his car and maybe a few others.

MarC

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where, When..? i can make anything after February..bar exam. After that i am god.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts