SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 200sx se-r. for a while now it has been sluggish on takeoff untill almost 4000rpm when she opens up. when it idles and you slowly give it gas, at 2100rpm it hits a "dead spot" and breaks up a lil as the rpms go up. i've replaced fuel filter, cleaned airflow meter and throttle valve, messed with tps and changed distributor. and plugs, wires and cap are good. What the hell else could it be??? any1 else had this problem?

Jay
Baltimore, MD

·
Nissan's Are Cool.
125 Posts
Yeah, I have a similar problem. Although I've basically blown my engine twice, I kinda figured that could be part of it. Both times I was entering the freeway and shifted from redline in 3rd back into 2nd oops. The first time my needle dipped all the way, as far as the tach reads. The second time I caught it at about 8500. But the engine is still running strong, after those two incidents and many of autox. Maybe you could try regrounding your MAF and adjusting the timing. Two things I'm looking into doing in the near future.

·
Nissan's Are Cool.
125 Posts
Your problem does sound exactly like mine though. Im glad to hear somebody else has the same problem, so its probably not something that I've done to the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts