SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY ALL.

MY FREIND OVER HERE IN ORLANDO FLORIDA IS A OWNER OF A 99 SENTRA SE LIMITED WITH THE NICE LITTLE BLUE COLOR AND HE SHOWED ME IN HIS CAR MAUAL HE DOES HAVE A LSD I THOUGHT YOU SAID THEY DIDENT??????????????????

·
Registered
270 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Se-r-ebel:
HEY ALL.

MY FREIND OVER HERE IN ORLANDO FLORIDA IS A OWNER OF A 99 SENTRA SE LIMITED WITH THE NICE LITTLE BLUE COLOR AND HE SHOWED ME IN HIS CAR MAUAL HE DOES HAVE A LSD I THOUGHT YOU SAID THEY DIDENT??????????????????
</font>
Hello, I have to say that you are incorrect about him having LSD because I have a 99 sentra se in black and I don't have it. When I first got the car I thought I had it too because I peeled out one time and I saw two tires marks but then I learned that at a stand still only one tires spins, then when you left off the emergency brake and begin to move forward the power is transfer back and forth to one another. So I guess it has a somewhat of a LSD

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but when he races he does not use the emergency brake he just slips the clutch at 3000 and both wheels spin

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what u were telling me you can only get one wheel to spin ??

·
Registered
194 Posts
what about trying to jack up the front end of the car to get both wheels off the ground and turning one of them. if the other turns the opposite way w/o being in gear and in gear turns the same way, then it has LSD or something like that right??...correct me if im wrong...i remember reading a little on this subject...but cant quite remember......

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes they do both spin but one of the wheel is providing more power then the other. On one with limited slip the power is distributed equally.

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Trust us wise ones.

The 98-99's DO NOT HAVE LSD. Period. None.

91-97's do though

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but when he races he does not use the emergency brake he just slips the clutch at 3000 and both wheels spin</font>
When your autocrossing or track racing, or even accelerating and turning, does the inside wheel spin??

Spinning both wheels in a straight line doesn't prove anytyhing

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Se-r-ebel:
HEY ALL.

</font>
Your friend is on crack, not LSD, lol. He WISHES he had LSD...muahahahhah!!!

RYAN
97 WITH LSD YO

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Maybe he got ahold of car that someone put a 97 tranny in..?? nahhhh..that would be the only way...the only way to tell is off of the tranny number on the housing...I think it is posted on se-r.net

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifterRoyal Purple synthetics

G

·
0 Posts
so what was the difference between a sentra se and a se limited? i just want to comment, my dad has a 2000 se none pp. i can only get one tire to spin when starting pretty hard. my sister has a 99 se-l and i get both wheels spinning. i dont know if that means anything or not.

·
Registered
53 Posts

As far as I know the only difference between the se and se-limited are cosmetic; spoiler, side sill extensions, carbon fiber like rear plastic piece, fog lights, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather shift knob & boot, tinted rims & tinted gauge faces.

I'm pretty sure my car doesn't have lsd, as my torque steer will attest to...

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
what happens is at the end of a model run they package a lot of options on the cars for real cheap(abs, sunroof, rims,ac, better stereo) and call it the se limited. Its just a marketing ploy to sell lots of cars. Nissan did it with the altima & maxima too. The 94 B13 sentra too. dont get me wrong its a good value and allbut thats all it means,

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99SR20DE-Ltd:

As far as I know the only difference between the se and se-limited are cosmetic; spoiler, side sill extensions, carbon fiber like rear plastic piece, fog lights, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather shift knob & boot, tinted rims & tinted gauge faces.

I'm pretty sure my car doesn't have lsd, as my torque steer will attest to...

</font>
Actually, the '98 SE does have a spoiler, side-sill extensions, fog lights, and leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and boot. The main difference between the two is the front grille, bumper, and the color of the wheels, rear center piece, and gauges, and the SE Limited badges (and body colors that weren't offered in '98....like that bad ass blue......DAMN that's a bad ass color!!).

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

1 - 20 of 23 Posts