SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone isn't paying attention to the email list, we are trying to get a group of 98-99 owners together to approach JWT and try and get a run of ECU's made specially for our cars.

email [email protected] with the subject GROUPDEAL98+ if you are SERiously ready to purchase an ECU in the next... (unsure of time frame)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey Jacen, I also stated I wanted in on the deal. But was this for just a 97ecu or for a 98+ ecu?!? I'm ready to get the 97ecu if a group deal goes thru soon.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
if I wasn't broke I would jump all over it. I am also just thinking about going to a piggyback system, I can get one for around 1k installed and tuned (more expensive, but can play with it)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Damn, this thread is OLD.

Anyways, since this was brought up again, you can use a 95-97 JWT ECU in your 98-99 with just a little extra work. The main problem I feel is that JWT won't accept 98-99 ECU's as cores anymore, which will make everything more expensive.

·
8,886 Posts
Storm88000 said:
Damn, this thread is OLD.

Anyways, since this was brought up again, you can use a 95-97 JWT ECU in your 98-99 with just a little extra work. The main problem I feel is that JWT won't accept 98-99 ECU's as cores anymore, which will make everything more expensive.
I got my 95 ecu for $75 from www.carparts.com. Also, check the voltage to the TPS and be sure you get 5v or more. If not disconnect the 3 wire sensor in the drivers rear wheelwell and also the Boost sensor on the firewall in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am all over that idea. I wish that they would do something about it already. I swear that there is plenty of demand for a 98-99 SE-L ECU.Look at how many guys have SE-L's on these forums alone. and then there is all of the people that don't visit this site that have SE-L's.

BTW what other options are there?

Will JWT retune your ecu to bump redline, remove the governor, advance timing, reconfig. fuel MAP,ETC? What is the cost of this?

Is it safe to install a JWT ecu from a 200sx SE-R?
cost?

Doesn't NISMO retune ECUs?

I see on some guys signatures that they have JWT S3 ECUs. what are those? Cost?

sorry for so many questions. I just don't know alot about aftermarket ECUs (or cams) for our cars, since I live in Utah and the only real company that makes that crap is JWT in CA. AND THEY WON'T F**KING REPLY TO MY E-MAILS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
you gotta remember, JWT is a small business. i usually call. while i do agree that there is a demand for the 98-99 se/se-l/se-r ecu, the fact is that JWT will never make it. they've had 4 years to do it and still nothing. the best you can do is get a 95-97 se-r ecu (or a 94-96 g20 ecu) and sent it to them for a core. if you simply wish to remove the speed governor and raise the redline buy the said g20 ecu and simply swap. if you wish to go w/ the JWT method, you're looking @ approx. $600 for the ecu. that doesn't include the cost of you buying a used ecu for a core. the first program is set for whatever mods you have done to your car. each additional re-programming costs $100. the S3 program is the same ecu, you would purchase it IF you had S3 cams. they can program for S4's C2's C3's, etc. AFAIK nismo is concerned, AFAIK they charge around $1000 for their ecu's. i'm not even sure they would have a program for our cars. if they didn't, chances are they'd just call JWT and buy the program details!

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is sad to say, but it is unlikely that JWT will ever make the 98-99 ECU. I have the 94 G20 and it works well for removing the speed limiter and governor. But I would be first in line to get a real one. So if there ever is a group buy I am in in a big way!!

Jay

·
Registered
357 Posts
Steve (98sr20ve)

My TPS is putting out 4.5 volts, what are the two sensors that need to be disconnected, and will the car run correctly without them?

Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts