Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am a noob :squint: , and I was wondering if it was possible to go from:
the 98 bubble front

to the standard front

if so what are all the parts needed....

1. Will the stock bumper support work?
2. Is it just a simple swap of head lights, bumper and grille?
3. New hood needed or is it the same?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I'm not much of a fan of either... but thats why i put in an order for this bumper

Thanks to Bebelo for doing this first!

Here is an original car/bumper with lip

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K thanks, because I was looking at this Red 98 on C.L. and i was thinking about getting it, but I didn't want the bubble front.

I was thinking about doing 97 front w/fogs(Yellow), Amber corners, lucino grill, and stillen front lip.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
K thanks, because I was looking at this Red 98 on C.L. and i was thinking about getting it, but I didn't want the bubble front.

I was thinking about doing 97 front w/fogs(Yellow), Amber corners, lucino grill, and stillen front lip.
That will look good, but Stillen front lips are a hard find...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh i always knew that lucino parts were pretty hard to find, but I don't think that the stillen lips are hard to find... They are on sale on the stillen site for $143

How much money do the lucino grills usually go for?
Anyone know a site to purchase lucino grills?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Yeah I always thought that 98 SE-R front end looks like ass. Honeycomb FTW!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm not much of a fan of either... but thats why i put in an order for this bumper

Thanks to Bebelo for doing this first!

Here is an original car/bumper with lip
How much for that bumper? thats hott

·
Registered
181 Posts
will it bolt right up? and is the filler piece that patch looking thing on the (US) drivers side bottom of the bumper? and will B14 fogs fit?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
will it bolt right up? and is the filler piece that patch looking thing on the (US) drivers side bottom of the bumper? and will B14 fogs fit?
Alright, I just bought mine, and its still in shipping from Japan to Texas. So I will tell you what the original owner did (the white car belongs to Bebelo, original thread)

So yes you will need the $20 bumper filler piece, or you will have a nice hole.

The bumper should fit in perfectly, except you will need to cut the bumper mounts and make some new ones from something. The reason for that is, the N15 has different type of bumper mounts.

From what I heard they wont, but I don't want to pay $90 per fog lamp, so when I get my bumper I will fiddle with it :biggthump

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Wow.

You used my car and said you hated it :(

Just kidding, but seriously, the bubble front is just different than everyone else's front end. Just embrace it :)

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Wow.

You used my car and said you hated it :(

Just kidding, but seriously, the bubble front is just different than everyone else's front end. Just embrace it :)
Is the silver one your car?

It is different, but I like the N15 look soooooooo much better :biggthump

Or even the '98 Sentra with Stillen lip

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Yep. The silver car is mine. Just recently purchased about two months ago, and not driven by me YET. :(

I also have a '95, and thought about swapping out front ends, but that would at a minimum require a re-paint of the '95 front end. I AM going to take the lip off of the '95 and test fit it. I'd actually like to see the '94 accord lip on this car to see how it looks on the bubble front.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
That must be hard... When I bought my SE-L I drove it from DC to Harrisonburg, 2 hours. But then it sat in my back yard for 2 months, while I driving/selling my '98 200sx base. It was hard, but it was worth the wait afterwards :biggthump

Good luck with it! Post pics :biggthump

1 - 18 of 18 Posts