SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have some bad news. I fu(ked up a shift from 3rd to 4th. It actually went into 2nd. I swear I pulled it straight back and I don't know what the hell happend.
Anyway I had the car towed home and I pulled the VC. What did I find? All but one rocker arm shattered. Parts all over the engine. The intake valve on the #3 cilinder is pushed up and to the rite and lodged into the head. The JWT cam lobes are all mared up and junked 8( its somthing I definatly can't fix. I'm pissed.

Everyone have a wonderfull evening,
Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Dude, so sorry. :(

Maybe it would help to think of it as a... battle... wound...? that you can brag about later? maybe??? :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
How about this response:

"Well, guess it's time for a DET. :)"

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. If the bill is to high I'm going for a DET! I'll let you know what I find out. Its being flatbeded to the shop tommrow.

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
man, that sucks, I know how you feel (never done it on my sr20 though) I would definately get a det if the bill was too high, but just promise me one thing, do not let it be faster than mine :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mike - my condolences. Just got back from business and read your news. Must have been a sick feeling when it happened. :(

Perhaps this can be a new beginning. Which DET might you choose? "Standard", GTI-R, or perhaps the 350hp Tomei "crate motor"?

We'll be waiting for your word on the bill and decision.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at the *thing* again and noticed that there was a valve spring retainer floating around. Further investigation yelded the area of origin. It came from the #3 intake valve that looked like it was lodged up into the head. So I may have a valve that droped into the cilinder.

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
pull the plugs and get a really good flashlight and take a gander down in the cylinder and see what is going on down there if you can see anything at all. and a 350 hp crate motor? man, anybody want to send donations? jk brian

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
mmmmmm, whats going on Mike, what are you gonna do? its called first 98 sr20det, or what? if you do that, just mail me your bottom end. the Rock says this, "brian wants to build a stroker, you candy asses" (sorry I am totally addicted to wrestling, I guess it is another one of those Texas white trash things) :)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If all goes well I'll be ordering the DET on Friday or Monday 8). Oh did I forget to tell you about that. The dealer told me to eat the engine and those are my plans. I'm looking into getting the HKS front mount IC that comes with the HS turbo kit. Fabing up the rest of the intake. Brian I will have a bare block for sale if your interested ;)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
"eat the engine" meaning "hell no we ain't helping you out at all!" ??? Did I interpret that correctly?

Ben being thick-skulled as usual

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, maybe 50 bux and you pay freight :) jk ya, possibly, I think I might have a rebuild to do on a det in a few weeks, so I don't know. we hired a new guy the other day and he has a 94 se-r and wants it REAL fast, he already has a few bolt ons and stuff like that and asked what could I do to make it really fast, and I went off for about a half an hour on what to do and have him talked into it, so learing experience for me (I have built engines before, but not a sr20det) but anyways, back on the subject, ya maybe interested

1 - 20 of 41 Posts