SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i just got this intake for my car. i read the directions and searched the forums far and wide and it seems quite simple by just replacing the stock box with the jwt intake...

but there is a tube going from my airbox to behind my headlight that has a sensor on it and with the jwt, what do i do with the tube and sensor?

this is my first mod so i want to make sure i do this right

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh okay thanks

what kind of sensor is this and what is it's purpose?

thanks a lot

·
Mr.200SX @ the dash
1,679 Posts
That's your air intake temperature sensor. A lot of people actually make a little hole to fit the resistor in and screw it to the filter itself where the aluminum plate is located or you can do what I did. Drill a small hole on your rubber pipe just barely big enough for your resistor part to go in then screw it in and use some gasket sealant and go around it until there is no leaks at all.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
JGsnismoser said:
That's your air intake temperature sensor. A lot of people actually make a little hole to fit the resistor in and screw it to the filter itself where the aluminum plate is located or you can do what I did. Drill a small hole on your rubber pipe just barely big enough for your resistor part to go in then screw it in and use some gasket sealant and go around it until there is no leaks at all.
Do you have any pics of this, im curious too?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay, i zip tied the sensor to near the filter... i have two problems.

number 1) i have a 'service engine soon' light on
number 2) i have a mounting bracket that does not have a twist, and i can't figure out how to mount it so if someone could post a picture it would be a great help

right now i'm just letting my intake rest in the engine bay/against the battery.

thanks

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i unplugged the negative cable for the battery, and the sensor that is near the MAF, but i plugged everything back in like it was...

·
Banned
1,117 Posts
i put and intake on my car, and it threw the check engine, and it went away after a day or so,

when u hook up the new intake, it is taking in way more air way faster, ur computer will need to get used to this, and so it might think something is wrong! give it a little time to adjust, ull probably notice more power after a day or so as well

check all connections, make sure everything is snug...

l8er

spencer

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok.. now this is a big problem..

my car is like stalling for no reason while i drive..and when it is driving, it feels like someone is pushing the gas pedal all the way down, and then releasing it, cause me to slam my head off the dash...

i just noticed this problem as i was driving back from getting codes..

P0325
knock sensor 1
circuit malfunction
bank 1 or 1 sensor

P0110
IAT Sensor
Cicuit malfunction

Dtc pending codes

P0110
Iat sensor
circuit malfunction

wtf..:confused: would a ecu reset like fix this???:squint: if so, how do i reset it, this is my daily driver..:(

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tried resetting the ecu by taking off the cable from the postive terminal.. and waiting like a minute, and pushing down the brake till it got stiff... then putting the cable back on the terminal... still stalls while driving, and lunges in the rpms.. and it sucks.. any help would be greatly appreciated..

i guess maybe its cause the maf sensor thing was unplugged in the proccess of the installtion... ahhhhh.

·
In rehab for nitrous
149 Posts
my car did that at first with my intake too the problem was i didnt have the iat sensor in a good spot so i extended it and mounted it in the hole the old intake box fed from

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
The intake temp sensor does not control ANYTHING that would make the car run different...................it is not the cause of the car bucking, it sounds more like a MAF problem or maybe alot of turbulance in the airflow. Maybe a leak, etc.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
UNplug the MAF and re-connect it. The ECU can be reset using the pot on the back of the ECU itself. You can also use that to pull the codes yourself. Sounds like an MAF issue. You didn't start the car with the MAF disconnected did you?

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
wes said:
UNplug the MAF and re-connect it. The ECU can be reset using the pot on the back of the ECU itself. You can also use that to pull the codes yourself. Sounds like an MAF issue. You didn't start the car with the MAF disconnected did you?
That is what I'm thinking.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
ok if you wanna reset your ecu you have to wait a lot longer than 1 minute. take it off and let it sit for a half hour. that will deffinatly reset it. it deffinalty sounds like your maf has a problem so like people before said, check the connection. when you haev the + terminal off to reset, unplug the maf and clean and reconnect. do this with every plug you took off just to be safe. wait around for a half and put the + back on. if you have a code immediatly on startup, you didn't reset the ecu

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
MIXMASTAP2 said:
ok if you wanna reset your ecu you have to wait a lot longer than 1 minute. take it off and let it sit for a half hour. that will deffinatly reset it. it deffinalty sounds like your maf has a problem so like people before said, check the connection. when you haev the + terminal off to reset, unplug the maf and clean and reconnect. do this with every plug you took off just to be safe. wait around for a half and put the + back on. if you have a code immediatly on startup, you didn't reset the ecu
Have you been able to get it to reset with only leaving it disconnectd for less than an hour? In a B14 I havenever even seen it reset after 5+ hours by just disconnecting the battery...

My opinion of the matter is why wait when you can reset it and retreive the code yourself?

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
wes said:
Have you been able to get it to reset with only leaving it disconnectd for less than an hour? In a B14 I havenever even seen it reset after 5+ hours by just disconnecting the battery...
My opinion of the matter is why wait when you can reset it and retreive the code yourself?
I have reset my ecu by leaving the nedative battery cable disconnected for a while. But I agree with you, just pull the code real quick.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sweet, i fixed it.. i didnt have the maf adapter lined up right, stupid me, it was my first mod, and im not very good with car stuff haha... but im glad my car runs now, and it runs amazing, pulls alot harder,i love the intake, got a compliment on it yesterday too about the nice sound..

service engine soon light is still on.. not sure why.. maybe my iat sensor is bad, not sure.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.