SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its done!! Once the clutch is broken in I'll let you guys know what my impressions are.

First I'd like to tell you all everything went in no problem. Second I don't think its possible to just drop a lsd in a 98 trans the case is a little diffrent. It looks to me that their is less room around the driver side diff seal. Its almost indented where the lsd trans is bowed out a little.

I also had the ACT clutch and ES inserts put in. The ACT PP is alot stiffer than the JWT PP. I was shocked at first but quickly got used to it. My stepfathers Saab 900's clutch is just a bit softer than the ACT if that makes any diffrence to you guys.

And my damn STB dosen't fit over the intake manifold anymore with the ES inserts in.

Well that is it for now.
Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, they won't fit (the es bushings) what I did (Texas white trash method) I just kind of grinded down part of the stb where it rubbed and reinstalled it and no more rubbing, the only problem is that you can see two pretty big scratch marks on top, but no big deal, most of the damage is done on bottom. and yes you will LOVE your act clutch and pp my car has no problems with it and is making over 200hp :)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I'm used to it now but the PP seemd like it has gotten a little softer. Did your do the same?

The VLSD kicks ass!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, it is just breaking in, it will back up a little bit, when I first put mine in, I always dumped it b/c it started to catch about half an inch off the floorboard, but it backed up and finally stopped about 1k miles or so, I am about to have to adjust it again b/c I slipped it really hard the other day by accident (or I might be overreacting and want to get it to come back down) I have approx 10k on the clutch and is holding like a champ, it still holds w/ the NOS too, and does not even start or even act like it is going to start slipping :) oh, and you are going to miss the ability to feel just where the clutch is, mine does not feel as balsy as it used to, it is actually pretty smooth now.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird mine has caught about inch or two from the *top* from day one witch is perfict for me. I hope it dosen't creep like you say it dose. I have 370 mi on it so far and the engagement is already getting smoother.

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well, you are going to need to adjust it when it gets totally broken in. the fingers on the pp are still working their way down, they come with a little extra slack in them from act (and all clutch companies) to where it is just not thrown in there and not properly worn in, (I'm trying to think of an example, give me a sec) like what is easier to bend, a wet piece of wood or a dry piece, and also, what is easier to break? (really cheezy example, but the only one I could think of in a timely manor :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts