SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Put 99 Sentra/98 200SX stock headlights on my 98 Sentra SE and failed to realize that these suckas use 9007 bulbs not 9004's. Needless to say that the 9007's aren't working properly. Can't find Nis-knacks no more at a decent price so I went this route. I really like the new look but I need them to function.
What can I do that doesn't require a complicated rewiring? I'm so hesitant with cutting the wiring as it seems that we have enough problems with the harnesses as it is. Can I get the wiring harness from a new B14 to work? How much would they run? How hard is it to do?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Direct responses are even better. The sooner I get this fixed the sooner I can drive at night.
RICH
[email protected]
98 Sentra SE

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mazingernismo:
Hey guys,
Put 99 Sentra/98 200SX stock headlights on my 98 Sentra SE and failed to realize that these suckas use 9007 bulbs not 9004's. Needless to say that the 9007's aren't working properly. Can't find Nis-knacks no more at a decent price so I went this route. I really like the new look but I need them to function.
What can I do that doesn't require a complicated rewiring? I'm so hesitant with cutting the wiring as it seems that we have enough problems with the harnesses as it is. Can I get the wiring harness from a new B14 to work? How much would they run? How hard is it to do?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Direct responses are even better. The sooner I get this fixed the sooner I can drive at night.
RICH
[email protected]
98 Sentra SE
</font>
Sorry I cant help, But you anywhere near St Louis?

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Registered
166 Posts
did the same thing but tryed a convertion on a 91 I would assume routing the wires to the correct location I.E. low beam, high beam and ground..when i pluged them in on the 91 my high beam indicator light stayed on in my dash and when i cliked the high beam the lights went off.so i would say try rerouting the wires....

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

·
Registered
166 Posts
or get the 99 head light terminal plug....for both headlights.

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got $5 bill for the first person that can tell me how to rewire my lights to allow 9007 bulbs to work with the 9004 harness

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Not to worry I just had the same problem w/ my NIS Knacks projectors. I have a 99 SE that uses 9007 and the Nis Knacks wiring harness is for a 9004. This is what I think you should do. Get your hands on a 9007 socket(at an auto parts store or at a junk yard), and two old 9004 bulbs that you are not going to use. Remove the glass piece from the bulbs so that the 3 connectors are showing, you then need to sodder a wire to each connector. The 3 wires that are coming out of the bulb you are going to connect to the 9007 socket. So then you just connect the 9004 bulbs(not bulbs anymore but you get the picture) like you normally would, and walla! You dont have to cut up any of your factory wiring. I hope this helps you. I did it to my car and it is working perfectly. Just make sure that you insulate all of the wiring with either heat shrink tubing or electrical tape.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help or not:

I replaced the headlights in my '92 Sentra with '93-94 headlights, which also use different bulbs. So I went to the dealership and bought two universal harnesses ($6 a piece) and connected the three wires of each new harness to the three wires that went into the back of the old harness(1 black ground wire/and two multi-colored wires). I had to switch them around to find the proper combination ... the wrong combination gave me the same problems 91SE-R mentioned.

One thing I did notice is that the ground wires were on the left side of the old harnesses, but was in the middle of the new harness. Again, you have to switch them around to get the right combination.
Nismo91ser initialy pointed out the grounding problem when I couldn't get the lights to work properly.

Maybe this will explain it better:
http://www.worldwidewebtour.com/~trc/rush/headlightconversion.jpg

Good luck

[This message has been edited by ziegler2000 (edited 06-27-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts