SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called jwt today b/c I was thinking about putting the 100 shot on my car w/ ecu, blablabla, and they will no longer take 98 ecus as cores b/c they basically ran out of older ecus to modify
that made my day

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just got a JWT ECU, and I found one at a junk yard so I could keep mine.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
called jwt today b/c I was thinking about putting the 100 shot on my car w/ ecu, blablabla, and they will no longer take 98 ecus as cores b/c they basically ran out of older ecus to modify
that made my day
</font>
That's weird. I ordered my JWT ECU last week and got it installed this weekend. Ben Pila even told me that Clark will accept the '98 ECU. Even says it on my receipt, too. Weird!

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, I talked to ben too, but he said that they just did not have enough cores to go around. I will be doing some junkyard searching soon, if I stay with my original plan. how do you like the ecu?

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
ya, I talked to ben too, but he said that they just did not have enough cores to go around. I will be doing some junkyard searching soon, if I stay with my original plan. how do you like the ecu?
</font>
My butt-dyno is telling me that it HAULS MAJOR ASS!! Nothing compared to a DET, of course, but it feels like a big step from the stock ECU. I'd definitely recommend it to cars equipped with JWT cams. The B14's 7100rpm redline doesn't do justice for the cams. That extra 600rpm was much-needed, and I didn't realize how much I was missing up there. I still have the MIL's to sort out (EGR, and rear o2 sensor)... But after I get a '95 SE-R o2 sensor and an EGR solenoid valve from a '95 SE-R, the car should be running MIL-free.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
go-fast car, go-slow driver
"What we have here is a malfunction between the driver seat and steering wheel."

·
Registered
466 Posts
I put mine in on Friday night, and had a race on Saturday. WOW what a difference I saw 8000 rpm and never hit the limiter. My tach is off, but still OMG. The car is going on the dyno tonight, so I will spread the word to all you 7100 limited peeps.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts