SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!! I want to know if I can put a bb sr20det in my nx2000?Did I have to change something? like...fuel pump,clutch...And whats the max boost I can go with this motor when its stock

thanks for helping me!

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Séb_-Nx:
Hi guys!! I want to know if I can put a bb sr20det in my nx2000?Did I have to change something? like...fuel pump,clutch...And whats the max boost I can go with this motor when its stock

thanks for helping me!
</font>
Yes, you can put either the bb det, or gtir in the car with out changing anything. If you want to upgrade your fuel pump you can, but their is no need, I know guys running t3 at godly amounts of boost with the stock pump and an inline pump. If you want to change your clutch go for it, You might as well since the engine will be removed and it will save you cash in the future, As far as how much boost you can reach is up to the turbo you have, the BB turbo comes with a t25 turbo which you can boost up to or greater then 14psi on. But remember 14psi on a t25 is not the same or equivelant to 14 pounds on a t3/t4 Ect. So all and all its how much Power you want to make and having the right set up to make it. And believe me regardless of what you read at a certain site " Im not gonna name any or start a flame war" You can make huge amounts power for less money then some guys I and a lot of others have seen. Key word is to keep it simple dude. A lot less to go wrong in the future.

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks, custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Super AFC Apexi, Greddy EGT, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, HK$ Turbo Timer, Blitz SBC, Eibach Sportlines , Haltec coming soon, full facelift coming soon. Full 180 Deg turn about to take place. Cars almost paid off you see

[This message has been edited by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 (edited 04-12-2001).]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thabks PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20!! I appreciated your help. I have another question.. I know the Gtir throttle body isn't the same then the bb, so do you think I can put the gtir throttle body on the bb?

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Séb_-Nx:
Thabks PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20!! I appreciated your help. I have another question.. I know the Gtir throttle body isn't the same then the bb, so do you think I can put the gtir throttle body on the bb?</font>
No you can't bolt up the GTIR intake manifold to a bb head or de motor. The Gtir manifold is Individual throttle bodies which is a cool manifold but the intake bolt holes on the intake runners wont line up. If I recall correctly they are backwards but I could be wrong.

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks, custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Super AFC Apexi, Greddy EGT, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, HK$ Turbo Timer, Blitz SBC, Eibach Sportlines , Haltec coming soon, full facelift coming soon. Full 180 Deg turn about to take place. Cars almost paid off you see :)

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Hmmm..... sounds familiar. You can boost 10 psi safely as the motor comes to you. (put on some bigger injectors and a MAF and you can run the 14. You should get an aftermarket clutch to handle the power and the JWT ECU is another thing to get as well. Any other questiones feel free to ask or email

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
441 Posts
Another to consider buying when running 14+ lbs is a JWT w/ the 4-bar program. My source told me that the initial turbo program in the JWT ecu is setup for enough fuel up to 1bar/14.5 lbs.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Again, this is only necessary when running 14+lbs</font>
------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts