SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my A/C system hasnt been working for quite awhile now. As my b-day present, I was going to get it fixed. My dad said that our mechanic mentioned to him awhile back what was causing the problem. He said it was some part behind the console, like under the dash somewhere and it wasnt bringing the compressed air in...or something like that :/ and it would cost
$200-$300 to replace. I was hoping on attempting to fix this thing myself to save money, so could someone please take a guess at what part he was trying to explain and how much it might cost to fix myself or if $200-$300 is a reasonable price to have this fixed.

Thanks,
The Devo

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Heres another bump for you. Mine was broken too, I just removed it :D

-Josh

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no a/c + summer + Tennessee = certain death :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
that would be the evaporator valve that is situated inside yoour dash by the glove compartment. these cost around $80-$90 but putting it on is a little bit of work

·
Banned
543 Posts
I Live In Nc And Summers Here Are Hot.take The Money And Get Some Go Fast Goodies.question Is To U Wanna Be Fast Or Be A Girl And Say Im Hot Lol.just Playin But Its Almost Like Getting Pullies By Removing It.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hAHA, no thx, I went thru all of last summer with no a/c....just doesnt work, especially with a girlfriend...

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I'm gonna die if i go to UTI in AZ next year, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts