SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, you know on the A/C controls theres 3 knobs right? Well the one on the right that controls the Vents (floor, vents, or windshield defog modes) doesnt really work anymore.
The A/C vents get stuck on either floor or windshield mode, and if I turn the knob it has no affect. Well I can turn the knob and sort of switch between windshield only or Winshield+feet or something like that, but I cant get it to blow out the normal vents(face) Also, the knob doesnt have the same "feel" when u turn it anymore.. it feels sorta loose turning one way, and really hard to turn in the opposite way.

Anyways, I had to reach up behind the A/C vents and flip the control arm/ lever in order to flip it to normal vent(face) mode.

Anyone had this problem before? Or any ideas on how to fix the knob control.

Thx

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, N2K brakes, 91 intake cam, SMC Short Shifter, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

[This message has been edited by PlanoSER (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey Matt,
Just take off the face and pull out your knobs to make sure the knob is still attached to the wire thing that flips the vent. when i put in my glow gauges the knobs were attatched to wire/stick like things. if they are not in there right they will do this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i would say its the little guide mechanism in the back of the gages.. when i put in my glow gages i noticed how that knob works.. u should take out ur face and see if its broke or maybe there are some wires that got lodged in the little sliding thing...hope i helped

------------------
[email protected] vtec

1 - 3 of 3 Posts