-nx2000 big break upgrade
-new break pads and crossdrilled rotors
-new battery
-car has no dents or rust
-Drift style bodykit
-uninstalled short shifter included
-also has an extra set of stock rims with new tires on them
-along with various other parts the guy has and needs to get rid of

for $3000 does this sound like a good deal? the only thing i noticed to be wrong with the car is the paint, the clear coat is flaking off. let me know what you all think. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, yea i was thinking it was a deal, just thought i would put it out there and see what the SE-R "vets" thought. thankfully i found this forum, i have a feeling it will be VERY useful. as for pics, ill shoot em up here when i get em. thanks

-ben

·
Registered
631 Posts
yea well it sounds like a good deal, if you are into that set-up. i bought my se-r with the intentions of a de-t swap, so i got one stock (and cheap b/c it was stock) because i knew that motor was going, but a classic with no rust is always a good deal...

·
Registered
631 Posts
benjilax said:
well the body kit is not on the car, it goes along with it. and my intentions are to keep it sleepy looking and turbo it.
which is what i was talking about... you are going to pay the extra money for a new sr20de and header and sh*t and then ditch it all for a turbo motor. unless ofcourse you turbo the de..:D

·
Registered
631 Posts
i would take a look at jgycustoms.com then, they have an abundance of parts for our cars or your future car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea ive noticed that all the actual turbo kits are sooo expensive, i think im gonna just buy the manifold, the turbo, and the FMIC take it to my dad's friends shop in DC and get him to fabricate the rest. i found this site.... www.turbocalculator.com ..... seems to have cheap stuff just dont know about the quality...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Classic SE-R said:
yea, just dont expect to see the parts for a year or so, and dont expect them to work...
and I sadly agree. I just bought the re-built trans. They sent me a trans i paid nearly 1500 dollars for, that took them 3 months when they said it would be only one, with fifth geat pop-out.:(

·
Registered
631 Posts
benjilax said:
yea ive noticed that all the actual turbo kits are sooo expensive, i think im gonna just buy the manifold, the turbo, and the FMIC take it to my dad's friends shop in DC and get him to fabricate the rest. i found this site.... www.turbocalculator.com ..... seems to have cheap stuff just dont know about the quality...
If you are gong to turbo your car, its inevitably going to be expensive.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Classic SE-R said:
holy crap jgy sucks
yea dude. my trans didnt even have fifth gear pop out to begin with. And Jason told me it didnt have the problem. Now I have to take the trans out, rip it open, and replace half the fifth gear. At least hes sending me the parts for free.

·
Registered
631 Posts
benjilax said:
no what kind of things should i look for when viewing and test driving this car? any areas on the old school se-r's that are trouble spots?
well first and foremost, check for rust. Under the car, over the rear fenders, and in the door jams. Also check for door sag. Make sure the fifth gear doesnt pop out when your driving it, and if it does, stay away:eek2:

Otherwise try to talk him down in price if it has any of these other problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sagging doors? as in the dont shut right? like hinges loose? as for headliner the guy replaced it recently so im clear on that one. rust i will check to make sure there is non, as for 5th gear pop out he said that wasnt a problem, but will definatly check. only this is ive never experience what 5th gear pop out is... so how will i see this problem, while driving in 5th will the gear just disengage?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts