SR20 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
fan boys suck!!!
1,719 Posts
ill tell you this much...i had sparco hood pins in and shyt...i was in an accident and i hit someone rear and them damn hood next snapped..or broke...in fact it cracked cf hood and twisted the radiator support pretty bad.....anyhow looks like its comin along.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got very little done lol. Trying to figure out what I'm doing with my NX cause it's getting sold. I got some clear head light covers and corners *** I prob didn't need them.

I did start to cut up my bumper to fit the fmic and test fit the greddy front lip :) still need to trim some more but very close. I tried to use the FMIC brackets I had from my S13 but they didn't work :(. Had to get some news ones made with help from Bruce @ protech.

I'm going to order another greddy lip for my other S14 since it has a ugly body kit bumper that hangs too low. I scrape sometimes and the car is stock height

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yet another update. I found a R33 fan and fan clutch, no more electric fans for me :) I still have a lil modding to do but this is how it sits so far. Also when ur going to cut something try to have more light :( lol.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
how long has this project been going on?

are you going to build some sort of heat shield for the BMC?

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

how long has this project been going on?

are you going to build some sort of heat shield for the BMC?
it's been going on longer than I can remember lol. Circumstances keep coming up preventing me from finishing this. They sell a heat shield for the S cars just haven't got it yet. I'm not as close as it looks in the pics ***, I have seen SR with top mounts almost touching it. Between this and my VE project lol someday soon.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Small update, I towed the car up to my friends shop to work on it more :).

It hasn't had direct sun light in YEARS lol.

2.75" intercooling piping mild steel that hasn't been painted yet lol. I'll get to it after I get the car running.

ahhhh yeaa Lightning maf blow through.

I also threw on my GTspec with the cartboy mounts and OMG. It was like fighting in 8' of water.

need a new downpipe *** :(.

My installer messed up a pin on my nistune board :( so I had to send it back to AUS.

Matt was very cool he exchanged it for me and gave me a new one.

Will prob get the car to make smoke in a few weeks. I already drained the tank which was almost empty anyway and installed the TT supra pump. S14 fuel pump in stall was way too easy, I didn't even get cut up by the mouth of the gas tank lol.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
:D that blow through flange is awesome! custom made part? or did you buy it?

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
what did you seal it with? rtv?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The Lightning maf already has a o-ring around it. Just popped it in and bolted it down.

ah. the de/det/n60 mafs ive seen or used never had orings. good too know. i wish i would have known about that flange when i did blow through on my nx. much much better than cutting a section out of the pipe and using 2 couplers and 4 tclamps lol.

and MUCH cleaner!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts