SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, They are Borbet type E's. The quick paint job snowballed into a 94 Se-r front bumper shaving the lines in the bumper/body, wheels, springs, ball joints, tie rods, calipers, SS hoses, rotors, most window trim, and a bunch of other BS... The sun didn't cooperate in those pics I need to take some more.

·
Why am I banned?
471 Posts
Is that a 93 or 94? Nice looking car... What got out of hand?

he had originally just planned to paint it, but once he got started, made it look pimp by filling the body lines and what not... am I right? :)

looks great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sold my toys a couple of years ago, (79 Vette turbo charged small block, and a 88 RX-7 Turbo II) This was not supposed to be one...lol I bought this just to have a decent driver that was still a little fun. 6 mos later a rod knock, lead to a JDM engine,and the crap that winds up going with it, a clutch, axels, a header and exhaust and an intake
The out of hand was losing the lines, 94 bumper, suspension, wheels, window mouldings, blocking and wet sanding my ass off. The quick paint job is worth 3 times more then an average 91 Se-r.... The body and paint is a straight and flat as can be.

Honkeybizkit, I actually DA'd the lines on the bumpers with 80 until they were gone, then put a skim coat of polyester putty, and blocked that back down to almost nothing just to smooth the DA marks.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
thats just amazing i love it... its the route i wanted to go and abandoned it due to lack of motivation and finances. very nice indeed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No Bondo, I used a DA on the bumpers until the lines were gone totaly flat, I coated it with a polyester glazing putty, Just to fill any pin holes or deep DA marks, Then sanded almost all of it off. So there is nothing actually on it to chip off. Originally before I realized I gould get them flat by sanding, I was going to Fill them with a 2 part epoxy made for repairing urethane bumpers, 3M makes some along with some other companys. But as I started sanding them I realized I could just keep going, so I did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts